You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS/Horse with No Name (SOS controversy)

L.F.C

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this argument. Not everyone has time to do this sort of thing, and not everyone has the know how or the confidence.

I think the way the Government does a lot of things is a fucking shambles and there's a million things they should do differently. But by your logic, unless I stand for MP then I should keep my mouth shut.

It's bullshit.

That's the best post on the thread. Superb.

God forbid if you where ever in Michael's situation.

I'd never be in his position as I'd never go on the lash and act a cunt with a gang of lads in a foreign country.

We got back from Istanbul with no incident, and we got back from Athens with no incident - just like tens upon tens of thousands of other fans.

I saw Jay on RAOTL implying the only reason it was covered in the Echo was because it was "the Oldham Echo". Why can't they just take it on the chin, tell the guy who did it his membership is being fucked off, and whoever got him on stage should step down.

Amateur.

Cringeworthy. It's been covered in the Echo because it's an absolute disgrace.

Not that weekend. It's simple as that.

With all due resepect and I do mean this, nor do I want to cause offence because clearly it's an emotive topic.

But I don't think there could have been another weekend for it, the eyes of the world, the government where on Liverpool. Michael's case needed to be heard.

There is an innocent Liverpool fan locked up, a lad who was locked up at my age and has missed out on arguably the best years of his life. The family need all the help they can get, and as far as I know for all the people who said it shouldn't have happened on that weekend, the HJC or any other H'Boro related party have not expressed any concern or 'disapproval' of the march. A key reason perhaps for the march was that Jack Straw's Blackburn team where playing, so it was a good chance for the march.

Personally, I believe the way SOS are fighting for Michael is good, fit and proper use of any funds SOS may have. Michael is SOS's number one member, and although I believe SOS shouldn't do 'everything' it can, SOS should do what it 'must' to help Michael's family.

I'd never be in his position as I'd never go on the lash and act a cunt with a gang of lads in a foreign country.

We got back from Istanbul with no incident, and we got back from Athens with no incident - just like tens upon tens of thousands of other fans.

Fuck off, and I mean this without no respect, Fuck off.

I'm confused about one thing though, I know that we elect someone who is standing - but does the person who got elected sort out who is on the comitee etc?

A motion is put to the committee, and a vote is cast.

Thats what usually happens, however it's not beyond the realms of possibility that SOS could indeed be hi-jacked by a bunch of mates with a good backing if it wanted to.

I did think the process for election was a bit weird, all I saw was a paragraph from a bunch of people and that was it. I don't think any of them set out their aims, or what they intended to do? Could be wrong, but I remember one which was nothing more than a short sentence.

LL' date=' were LFC the only club to freeze ST prices ? Haven't some clubs reduced the price of tickets ?[/b']

I know I said I wasn't going to have any more input regarding SOS but I'm going to now.

AP's comments echo my own sentiments regarding the reasons why I joined the union and the reasons why up to now I haven't renewed.

I'll be totally honest. Its not the union I have lost faith in, its the people who I have been trusted to run it. Please don't ask why I didn't stand as that's not the issue. It seems now that hardly a month passes without a rumour circulating about what's going on behind the scenes at SOS.

I'm hoping to be able to get to this "face to face meeting, at a city center venue", so I can ask questions about some of the more concerning issues I have. That's when I'll make a final decision on if I'm to renew my membership.

Although why members of the committee cant just answer peoples concerns on the forums is beyond me.

Good post, I forgot to mention that United have put theirs up, I was speaking to a season ticket holder today, I was comparing it to our situation and what SOS have meant to have achieved.

I think it is good that the fans have a voice, but I am concerned about the direction it is taking at the minute, or rather the rumours that seem to be circulating.

With all due resepect and I do mean this, nor do I want to cause offence because clearly it's an emotive topic.

But I don't think there could have been another weekend for it, the eyes of the world, the government where on Liverpool. Michael's case needed to be heard.

There is an innocent Liverpool fan locked up, a lad who was locked up at my age and has missed out on arguably the best years of his life. The family need all the help they can get, and as far as I know for all the people who said it shouldn't have happened on that weekend, the HJC or any other H'Boro related party have not expressed any concern or 'disapproval' of the march. A key reason perhaps for the march was that Jack Straw's Blackburn team where playing, so it was a good chance for the march.

Personally, I believe the way SOS are fighting for Michael is good, fit and proper use of any funds SOS may have. Michael is SOS's number one member, and although I believe SOS shouldn't do 'everything' it can, SOS should do what it 'must' to help Michael's family.

Fair enough Ant, I am willing to walk away from that one because I can understand the other view. For me though it was wrong.

I hate this argument. Not everyone has time to do this sort of thing, and not everyone has the know how or the confidence.

I think the way the Government does a lot of things is a fucking shambles and there's a million things they should do differently. But by your logic, unless I stand for MP then I should keep my mouth shut.

It's bullshit.

It's nothing like that at all, this is something we can all contribute to, unlike parliment, this is something we can offer something to.

If you've got the ideas, and got the initiative, you need to make yourselves known. At the moment it's just one party. There is no oppsotition, only disgruntled fans, if you believe you can do a better job you owe it to your club to do so. If you've got issues with the current 'regime' it isn't a case of putting up and shutting up, it's a case of doing something about it.

And if the SOS isn't doing what you ask, well you know what they say, if you can't beat them, join them. I don't mean it in a sarcastic way, if you want change and change isn't happening, you need to take the initiaive, because at the moment SOS are all you've got, like it or not.

Pierre, only members can vote for people, you can hope he gets in on his own, or sacrifice a tenner and vote for him.

But we've only just had an election, and as I said if anyone wants to make any leg way anytime soon you'd have to stage a coup. Personally I reckon think there needs to be opposition groups to the SOS within the SOS so to speak.

I cannot understand the attitude of some people.

An organisation is set up to give people a voice if they want.

People are free to join or not.

Organisation does okay with membership but not well but gets key messages on the owners and views of fans out in the media.

One fuck-up and you are all lining up to piss on the organisation.

If you give a toss about your club you should join this organisation - elect a competent committee and get involved. Its very easy to sit behind your desk with your tiny cock in your hand. More difficult to get involved.

One fuck-up and you are all lining up to piss on the organisation.

If you give a toss about your club you should join this organisation - elect a competent committee and get involved. Its very easy to sit behind your desk with your tiny cock in your hand. More difficult to get involved.

But in the eyes of many it's not one fuck up, it's a series of them.

This latest is the most high profile, but for me, other fuck ups include:

- Stopping marches

- No action at the Arsenal game when RBS were present.

- Trips to Norway and America when members at home are unhappy with the way the union is being run.

I joined the union, but have since left it. That does NOT mean I don't give a toss about the club, it means that I don't think SOS are up to the job. Too many sweeping statements about none members. You'll be calling us scabs next....

Personally I reckon think there needs to be opposition groups to the SOS within the SOS so to speak.

100% agree with you on this. It would probably cause WWIII initially but would lead to a better and more professional union.

I know a few lads who are long time members of an irish supporters site. I left it last year. One of them was telling me that all posts in relation to this Munich incident are deleted and the threads are locked. Questioning the union is not allowed it seems and people are being told to go elsewhere if they are not happy with that rule. This type of attitude is not on.

One thing I love about this site is that we can discuss all issues, openly and honestly, like mature, intelligent adults.

I'm a member until February anyway, so if the elections are before then, I'm sorted.

I'd like to hear more from ATK. I know he is a massive fan of our club, but I have interpreted some of his comments since I’ve been on this board in a way that I wouldn't like to see a representative of our club act (I’m trying to tread lightly here). However, I could have interpreted them very wrongly. For example, I’d like to hear his views on this incident at the SOS party (I can’t believe some people are begrudging them a piss up!!!). I’d like to hear his views on the fan base outside of Liverpool and England. Having read some of his comments about actions he’d like to take, he certainly sounds like he could be a valued board member, but after what has recently happened, we need to be whiter than white. People on this forums whose opinions I respect (Agt Provocateur and Lucky Pierre to name 2) clearly think highly of ATK, so if I liked what he had to say, then I’d join and vote for him. Firstly though the current SOS need to announce the name of the person who was on stage and that he is banned from any and all SoS meetings and that his details have been passed to the club. Until we start acting on this type of shite we will never have the high ground on the Hillsborough chants.

As for the incident itself. I can’t add anything more then has already been said. SoS could struggle to survive from this.

I am concerned that people are voted on to boards like this because they are seen as a “good red” or are popular or have had a season ticket for 40 years. This is not the reason to get voted on this board. Prior experience of leading things like this and an ability to organize sustained and workable actions against the owners are also vital.

Firstly though the current SOS need to announce the name of the person who was on stage and that he is banned from any and all SoS meetings and that his details have been passed to the club. Until we start acting on this type of shite we will never have the high ground on the Hillsborough chants.

Isn't it the lead actor from the one night in Istanbul play? (Apologies if it isn't)

I can't argue with you, I think it is damaging, but to say it shouldn't be allowed to recover is incredibly unfair.

I dont think it is possible for any genuine organisation to develop an instant and all encompassing ethos, and certainly not one which continues along the same path year after year!

All organisations have to evaluate and evolve, and a lot of the time it is through mistakes and membership pressure, SOS represent Liverpool fans, nobody, not even SOS suggest they represent ALL Liverpool fans, and if you are looking for an organisation that does? then you will have a fruitless search because they cannot exist.

Regardless of how you feel, surely you can appreciate that an organisation that is set up to look after our interests should not be dictated to by groups who have a completely opposite agenda?

SOS should (I think) simply say 'this was a SOS sponsored event, and we feel let down by the behaviour of those fans who engaged in this incident, we will take measure to ensure that this will never happen again, and those responsbile will be expelled from the organisation'

And leave it at that.

In that case they shouldn't take the name of Bill Shankly and propose to embody his spirit. Shankly would fucking nut every member there that allowed that shite to go on for 5 fucking minutes.

Ant and ATK on the SOS committee should be a great fillup for the union.

I don't think Ants comments that the Munich thing was nothing much and just people finding a reason to have a go at SoS would have done him any favours.

You have been well side of the mark on this one Ant.