You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

Not a good situation at all. Referee's want the biggest games. Fair enough. They should have ambition. But if they ref in such a way that it upsets Man Utd, they end up getting bumped from the spotlight to referee the also rans. This skews their judgment.

It is not right, not by a million miles.

ha ha. who changed Webb's wiki entry?

"Howard Webb (born Howard Ferguson)"

"On the 25th of April 2009, Webb scored the first of Manchester Uniteds' goals against Tottenham to inspire a 5-2 victory, recovering from a two goal deficit. At the final whistle he was seen giving Sir Alex Ferguson a kiss on the cheek, before retiring to his quarters to curl his wig."

Funny.

From his Wiki page

Howard Webb (born Howard Ferguson) born July 14, 1971[1]) is an English football referee who operates in the Premier League and has been a FIFA-listed referee since 2005. He is also an employee of Manchester United Football Club and has been a vital factor in the clubs climb up the League table during the 2008/2009 Campaign.

:whistle:

He booked Gerrard for a perfect tackle against Chelsea and today he did the same fucking thing against Jenas. No wonder their midfield fell apart after a while. Should have sent off Palacios in the first half, though. But since he didn't he paid the Mancs back when he gave them a pen and a mystery free kick right before 2-2.

HW got that decision tonight badly wrong (the pen) - I do not believe he is dishonest or anything but I do believe (as Rafa rightly said in the 'rant') that refs are often intimidated by the home crowd but nowhere is that more the case than at Old Trafford. It is truly shocking to see how much Webb's poor decisions have effected the table in the last week looking at the LFC Arse game and this one today.

Also I felt in todays game prior to the pen Ronaldo did a clear yellow (trippped opponent) and then after taking his shirt off after scoring that would have made it a red but once again CR gets away with it. Cannot tell you how frustrati8ng that is.

BTW altho I disagree totally with the rule how thick are players who take their shirt off and get yellows - they know the consequences surely - imo they should be fined by their clubs as it is so avoidable. In my memory I cannot remember a LFC player ever doing this and good job too as if they did they would be a right muppet in my eyes.

HW got that decision tonight badly wrong (the pen) - I do not believe he is dishonest or anything but I do believe (as Rafa rightly said in the 'rant') that refs are often intimidated by the home crowd but nowhere is that more the case than at Old Trafford. It is truly shocking to see how much Webb's poor decisions have effected the table in the last week looking at the LFC Arse game and this one today.

Also I felt in todays game prior to the pen Ronaldo did a clear yellow (trippped opponent) and then after taking his shirt off after scoring that would have made it a red but once again CR gets away with it. Cannot tell you how frustrati8ng that is.

BTW altho I disagree totally with the rule how thick are players who take their shirt off and get yellows - they know the consequences surely - imo they should be fined by their clubs as it is so avoidable. In my memory I cannot remember a LFC player ever doing this and good job too as if they did they would be a right muppet in my eyes.

Riise always used to take his shirt off.