You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Next Big Game.....

WhiskeyJar

Of course we go for it.

Any (unlikely) PL triumph is now pretty meaningless anyway

Even the most blinkered of us could hardly claim we are the best team in England after that,when it really matters.We are Lfc & we will not let the world watch us surrender.

I saw you posted this on another thread and TBH it's daft. The prem.champions are the best team in the country whoever wins it because it's over 38 games and thus the best team over the seaon is the side finishing top.

I say bollocks to that.

I say no, you still play to win. Victories build momentum, and you try to go for the win as much as you can. If we get an early goal, we could inflict some shock on them and cause mistakes that could open up the door for us. Who knows, Essien could get sent off for a reckless challenge.

Besides, 3 points for us and none for the Mancs still leaves the Mancs 1 point ahead if they win their game in hand. We're playing with a handicap in both challenges, and it doesn't make sense to give up on one competition now because it automatically puts you halfway to finishing the season with nothing.

Also, I think we get an extra day's rest over the Gunners next week. Imagine the boost we'd get if we shock Chelsea away.

To be fair, for some reason I assumed Arsenal was on the weekend. I now realise we have a week, due to the FA Cup (I think).

So I've changed my mind. And yes RiS, bollocks to that!

Let's go to Stamford Bridge and make history (assuming turning a 3-1 home deficit into an aggregate win hasn't been done before at this stage!)

There's no way you concede a European Cup quarter final for anything. It's a long shot, but this tie is still winnable and we need to try and go through. However, even if that weren't the case - let's say we were six goals down going into the second leg - I'd still want a full strength team out in order to try and regain both pride and momentum. You can't switch form on and off between competitions. The players know this is a big trophy and that they let themselves down with their performances last night. They need to show that next week, regardless of the outcome of the tie. Not doing so could kill our league challenge too.

You're right Paul. I wasn't thinking of it that way.

I was just dreading watching us huff and puff around that shithole, with their bullshit fans laughing and enjoying themselves, while the Chavs predictably achieve a 0-0.

I also think that the energy we'd put into that may effect us, specially if we can't pull of a win (even a 1-0, as you say, to restore some pride).

I also then remembered he last time we tried to restore some pride....

Get a grip, talking on here does not affect the team's performance.

Its like this whopper in the pub last night, complaining about people not singing in the pub when we were 1-3 down, saying he was the only one who cared but he obviously did not care enough to take time to learn hte songs properly as him and his mate just made their own words as they carried on.

He stood right behind me as well the clueless fucker.

I agree so often with Catch 22's posts that it's nice to be reminded ocassionally that we don't actually share a brain.

If won the Premiership, despite all the off the pitch turmoil, the mistakes (well, one big mistake) of our purchases last summer and the strength of the teams we are up against, it would be one of the finest acheivements in the history of the club.