You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Off to that there London

WaltonRed

2 minutes ago, John102 said:

I cant imagine a world without regular viewings of Rocky 3 and 4.

The soundtrack alone is the only thing that get me the gym.

Also probably the count of moste fisto's best entrance.

Also, London is boss.

I’ve never set foot in a gym but do like the Rocky IV soundtrack.

i am headed to Canberra Mañana -  as capital cities go it's fucking third world.

Last weekend with the in laws before they head back to blighty, sure we can fit in one more remake of Til Death Us Do Part over the coming days. Hope it doesn't come to rocky. I've got the full hit to watch wit the missus who has never seen them, these things can bite you on the arse though, we had a Mad Maxathon a few years back - one was good, 2 was of it's time, and three was fucking gash.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

i am headed to Canberra Mañana -  as capital cities go it's fucking third world.

Last weekend with the in laws before they head back to blighty, sure we can fit in one more remake of Til Death Us Do Part over the coming days. Hope it doesn't come to rocky. I've got the full hit to watch wit the missus who has never seen them, these things can bite you on the arse though, we had a Mad Maxathon a few years back - one was good, 2 was of it's time, and three was fucking gash.

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

10 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Yeah, but you know that Rocky IV is boss. Just pretend the fifth one doesn’t exist and leave it at that. 

Just got back. Did brekkie in the hotel as it was quicker. Only a basic continental one, but a £5 and all you can eat. 

I was just a few minutes away from the Ecuadorian Embassy when Assange got arrested, but didn't see anything. 

I did some of the typically touristy stuff such as a river cruise and night time tourist bus. Clocked up my 10,000 steps a day by about 2 o'clock most days. My feet and legs are killing me! The V&A was good, but I expected a bit better. Camden was cool. Had a quick chill in Hyde Park, by the Royal Albert Hall. And did the British Museum today. Definitely the highlight for me. Some impressive shit in there! The £1.50 a journey/£4.50 daily max on the buses is great value. But, the price of little things like grabbing a bottle of water or pop takes the piss a bit. 

I'll definitely go back, but will try and stay a bit closer to the Thames next time. But, not near Westminster Bridge. Had to walk across there to get a bus from the South Bank and it was full of shady conmen trying to rip off gullible tourists with that ball under the cup game etc. Jib that. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Got a hospital appointment near Great Ormond Street in June and need to stay in a hotel the night before. Any recommendations for a reasonable hotel? Will be travelling by train to Euston of course.

Loads near Euston mate. Just stay in the travelodge. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Got a hospital appointment near Great Ormond Street in June and need to stay in a hotel the night before. Any recommendations for a reasonable hotel? Will be travelling by train to Euston of course.

I stayed in one of those Premier Inn Hub ones. Smaller rooms than your typical hotel room. But, decent double bed, shower, big tele in the room with free films and ability to stream from your own device. Fairly basic, but clean, nice lounges etc. They've got one on Goodge Street, which is about 15 mins walk from Great Ormond Street. 

17 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’d stay in Angel instead. A couple of stops from Euston, much more lively. Much better pubs and restaurants.

He is going for a doctors appointment at Great Ormond Street. That means he has Aids. Therefore he is better nearer to Euston. Trust me.