You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

From wiki :

"Kewell made his debut for Galatasaray in the Turkish Super Cup (similar to the FA Community Shield played in the UK) where he came on as a substitute after 66 minutes, scoring his first goal for Galatasaray with his first touch in the 2-1 win over Kayserispor. He also provided the assist leading to the second goal. He scored his second goal for Galatasaray in the first league match of the season against Denizlispor, with Galatasaray going on to win 4-1. He has scored 7 goals in 13 competitive matches for Galatasaray, 4 of which were in the Turkish league, and 2 in UEFA Cup, showing that despite his long bout with injury, his natural ability and skill still remain."

We should've kept him. Ah, just read that he turned down a new contract. It would've been cool if he'd been played more then or something like that. I've always liked him.

Long time lurker. This place isn't the same without the Kewell threads anymore "Him getting fit will be like signing a new player etc..."

Anyways I think he's getting a bit of stick in the Turkish press for being a crock, Galatasaray released this 'inevitable statement' last week about him:

Galatasaray.org - An Inevitable Statement: Harry Kewell - 30.10.2008 20:28 (CLUB NEWS)

Long time lurker. This place isn't the same without the Kewell threads anymore "Him getting fit will be like signing a new player etc..."

Anyways I think he's getting a bit of stick in the Turkish press for being a crock, Galatasaray released this 'inevitable statement' last week about him:

Galatasaray.org - An Inevitable Statement: Harry Kewell - 30.10.2008 20:28 (CLUB NEWS)

That's the most bizarre official club statement I've ever seen. Apart from the Chelsea 'popular neck garments' one obviously.

Actually I think he was good without being outstanding in the 05/06 season, although he did have one exceptional game in the FA Cup semi final, and some additional flashes of decent performance. On the whole though, he still looked one-paced and did not contribute with enough goals. I believe people have exaggerated memories of his performances that season because they wanted him to succeed and become the player we originally thought we had signed.

He did look very good in his first few months for the club, scoring regularly and contributing telling passes up until his injury, which he carried for most of the rest of the season, resulting in a collapse of form and an increasing level of criticism.