You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That was fucking appalling that. The funniest part of it though was Torrance ranting about it, and ripping into Tom Lehman. He said something like 'and he calls himself a man of God?" as though being a Christian should have stopped him from invading the green. It was well funny.

The Americans conduct that year was disgusting, except for my man Payne Stewart (may he rest in peace) who conceded a putt to Monty on the last green because he didn't want him to have to deal with the crowd's mocking if he missed.

Monty had been getting heckled all day, and Payne had intervened a few times and even had one guy thrown off the course. As he stood over his putt on the last, Payne said to his caddy "I'm not going to put him through this (in case he missed)" and then went and picked Monty's ball up and conceded the putt - and the match. Of course it didn't change the overall result as USA had won already, but it put a loss on Stewart's Ryder Cup record and most people wouldn't have done that due to their own ego's.

And when everyone was celebrating, Stewart went looking for Monty's wife, gave her a hug and apologised for the crowd's behaviour towards her husband.

I fucking loved Payne Stewart I did. Golf hasn't been the same for me since he died.

Thats a fucking fabulous story that. Reppage to Payne Stewart. Certified legend.

No i know they are already guraunteed to be picked i mean the English players will play more games in the ryder cup than the others.

It's not worth speculating really. Who knows what he is going to do? I'd give Faldo a bit more credit than that myself.

Harrington has been in the form of his life, along with Karlsson and Jimenez and I'd expect those three to play most matches.

I think its a poor decision, needed the Ryder Cup experience of Clark or Monty. Casey isnt much of a shock but Poulter I think is a poor choice.

the main reason behind the European success is the team spirit and the attitude of Poulter & Faldo could disrupt that.

i knew he would pick them,thats why they fucked off to the deusche bank and missed the cut,they were told before hand they were picked.

Faldo has said they absolutely were not told until today. I believe him aswell. One last round this weekend wasn't going to make a difference.

I think its a poor decision, needed the Ryder Cup experience of Clark or Monty. Casey isnt much of a shock but Poulter I think is a poor choice.

the main reason behind the European success is the team spirit and the attitude of Poulter & Faldo could disrupt that.

Nope. We won because of excellant golf. The team spirit is definately a factor but golf wins the day and Monty is not performing and so is correctly dropped. Clark had a chance but it's hard to argue with Casey and Poulter.

If we loose however Monty will be cited as the reason, which is stupid.

Can't believe he didn't even call McGinley to let him know, but did call Monty?

Don't also forget there is still huge experience in there with Harrington, Garcia and Westwood.

The Ryder Cup is the one golfing event that has me glued to the screen.

And the appearance of Hansen in this year's tournament only serves to make me more interested. I like to be patriotic in sports. Except in the case of Peter Schmeichel.

Shite decision that, he could end up regretting it. I think Poulter and Casey are bottlers. My decision could be tinted because i've backed them in recent major challenges which they have capitulated in, plus Casey sounds like a yank and Poulter dresses like a twat.

I dont mind Casey, did'nt he say a few years back that he fucking hated Americans, im pretty sure he did and he went up im my estimations.

Agree about Poulter being a cunt though, me and few mates went upto to Scotland in 2004 when it was held at Troon, anyway we were having photos with every golfer we asked - Clarke, O'Meara. Westwood, Els, Monty, Love, even Singh who i always thought to be a bit of a cunt anyway the only golfer to look down on us and said no was the cunt that is Poulter.

A total of 6 Players in 2006 team not in the 2008 team

Montgomery

Olazabal

Clarke

Donald

Howell

McGinley

Replaced by:

Justin Rose

Greeme McDowell

Miguel Angel Jiminez

Soren Hansen

Oliver Wilson

Ian Poulter

Lucky enough the US team is pretty shit so the Europeans are probably still slight favourites. It will be interesting to see who Azinger picks as his 4 wild cards