You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What do you want?

Carradona

Which option do you want?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which option do you want?

• The current owners and Rafa as manager.
    • The current owners and a new manager.
    • New owners with Rafa staying on as manager.
    • New owners and a new manager.

Following on from Dave's match report I thought of making this poll to see what the majority of people would be happy with. He mentioned that he doesnt want Rafa to be sacked as long as the Americans own us but he says he may feel different if we got new owners (or something along those lines). So what would you want?

Poll coming (I hope).

I've voted for new owners and a new manager, but I would be willing to give Rafa more time if significant funds were made available to him to strngthen the squad. My gripe with Rafa is team selection and negative tactics. However, new owners, more funds for team building & maybe a new number 2 alongside Rafa may sway my decision back to Rafa staying.

That's probably more realistic than Benitez delivering a title challenge.

If given pots of cash i think Rafa would win the league, but i reckon ive got more money than the yanks and im skint so the league wont be here whilst there here stinking the place out

I voted for the current owners and Rafa, I'm ambivalent at the moment, as Hermes says I honestly think it's a bit early to judge. The public falling out with Rafa was spectacularly badly managed, but the new stadium IS on the way (none of us know how 'grand' it'll really turn out to be, whether the symphony hall stuff was horseshit or not) and in the one transfer window we've had there WAS significant investment...we would definitely not have Torres playing for us today if the Yanks weren't here. I wouldn't shed a tear for them if they left, but I'm not clamouring for them to go either.

As for Rafa, we've certainly not even appraoched the sacking stage yet for me.

we would definitely not have Torres playing for us today if the Yanks weren't here.

No we would have the DIC so it would be likley we would have Torres

Going over old ground the Yanks have paid out something like £15m on transfers allegedly written on IOU's - fucked up the ground, intention to put debt on the club against their initial promises

This is the only takeover that doesnt seem to have benefited the organisation - christ Deby are going to spend more than us in this window, hopefully that will change but until thats grounds being constructed i wont trust the yanks

I want to wait until the end of the season to decide.

Spot on. I don't know how anyone could really want the club to sack Rafa now. Fair enough, the league's probably gone this season. But GH had a 5 year plan, and was given the 5 years. Shouldn't we at least give Rafa the same? He probably deserves more having reached 4 CUP FINALS IN 3 SEASONS.

I actually find it absurd that Rafa's position is in question after what he's achieved. Does anyone remember how bad we were in 2004? Does anyone remember how bad the last 2 years under GH were? Or much of Evans' time in charge? Or Souness' time in charge?

The owners have done little so far to suggest that they're an improvement on what we've had previously and they appear to be struggling to fund the new stadium. So purely for that I'd like to see the back of them and get someone in who can sort this stadium mess out.

As for Benitez, I've got to hold my hands up and say enough's enough. He needs to be replaced. I honestly don't see that much improvement in the standard of football being played now compared to what was played before he arrived and he worries too much about the opposition, when he really doesn't need to. In my opinon we'll never win the league with him, so it's time for a change.

I honestly feel that we will not win the title untill we can spend £20,000,000+ per player on our transfers like the Filth, and Chavs can afford.

That extra bit of quality is necessary and the Premiership shows us this every year. We added one and he's single handedly brought us points. Another and maybe we'd have stolen a few more points...

edit: Had we scored v Blackburn, Killed the game last night, and scored v Birmingham... That is six more points and we would still be in the title hunt, realistically. It's depressing.

Despite my growing misgivings about his ability to get us challenging in the league, I still want to see what Rafa could achieve with two more Torres level signings in attack and that won't happen under The Twats, in my opinion.

Ragardless of who the manager is, the only way you will break the teams ahead of us is by spending around 100m in a transfer window, bringing in 4 world class players as Chelsea did.

We may not like it but that is the fact of the matter IMHO

Changing the manager may bring about a change from 3rd to 4th and a diffrent syle of play but unless money is pumped into the club in one mass injection we will always be playing catch up

If this isnt done now the number will increase as Carra will need replacing and Gerrard will be less effective in 2 or 3 seasons time

It is as simple as that

Far too early to judge the owners, 10 months and one transfer window.

Correct. The same people who are saying out with the yanks etc, would no doubt be saying the same thing if DIC, Morgan or anyone else had of taken over the club.

The current unrest within the club is no one's making except Benitez's. He would have acted as he had if anyone else had of been in charge and Im pretty certain they'd have told him the same as Hick and Gillet did. Perhaps DIC would already have got rid. Who knows for certain?

I think we need to make two massive purchases of quality. Another striker and a winger...

We sort out those two and they stay injury free? We'll have the quality to challenge, IMO, because we'll have the quality to win these locked down matches.

I figure... we make those purchases this summer and we can do something. If we don't? We stagnant.

Manchester City will be dropping the cash and guess who they think they can push out of the CL Picture? Us.

Ragardless of who the manager is, the only way you will break the teams ahead of us is by spending around 100m in a transfer window, bringing in 4 world class players as Chelsea did.

We may not like it but that is the fact of the matter IMHO

Changing the manager may bring about a change from 3rd to 4th and a diffrent syle of play but unless money is pumped into the club in one mass injection we will always be playing catch up

If this isnt done now the number will increase as Carra will need replacing and Gerrard will be less effective in 2 or 3 seasons time

It is as simple as that

Not certain I agree with that. My gut feeling is the players we have are more than capable of attaining second in the PL. Frankly, lack of continuity and dubious tactics are costing us valuable points.

Not certain I agree with that. My gut feeling is the players we have are more than capable of attaining second in the PL. Frankly, lack of continuity and dubious tactics are costing us valuable points.

You can try to play continuity and tactics all day long but the fact remains that most of these draws(minus Portsmouth away) we could have easily won and no one would be arguing with those things.

We had the chances... it's still down to finishing chances or creating better quality chances.