You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 12/06/2020 at 10:01, Dave D said:

I picked up a packet of these on a whim last week in Aldi.

Figured they would be just another kettle chip type thing but they blow kettle chips out of the water. Takes something to be impressed with a packet of crisps, but I was so moved I had to call the wife to come and sample them to verify 

They are thickest crisps and Ive ever had- the only ones Ive had that are more potato than oil.

Mackie's Crisps – Sea Salt | Scottish Hampers

I mentioned them a few pages back, it's the texture more than the flavour that makes them stand out.

• Upvote 1

I've tried all of those new Walkers flavours. They're all palatable. The missus likes the peri peri, which is my least favourite, probably because I don't like citrus in savoury. I love the cheeseburger ones, which start off cheesy and beefy, then pickle and tomato come through. Very clever.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've tried all of those new Walkers flavours. They're all palatable. The missus likes the peri peri, which is my least favourite, probably because I don't like citrus in savoury. I love the cheeseburger ones, which start off cheesy and beefy, then pickle and tomato come through. Very clever.

I like the taste of the cheese burger ones but dislike the crisps. Walkers’ basic crisps are pretty shit - piss thin, greasy and generally of poor quality.

On 12/06/2020 at 13:21, Pistonbroke said:

They are past their best before date, unless you waited 24 days before posting. 

On a side note, I always find it interesting what Aldi/Lidl sell in the UK compared to Germany, I've never seen the majority of stuff you lot post. Like these lentil Curls, reckon the company would go bankrupt if they tried to sell them over here. 

I found Lidl in Germany to be a far different,and much better shop than their English version. The German Lidl looked like a proper shop while the English ones look like slightly upmarket low cost stores.

27 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The answer is still Roysters T-Bone Steak bubble crisps.

If the answer is Roysters T-Bone Steak bubble crisps, what is the question? 

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I like the taste of the cheese burger ones but dislike the crisps. Walkers’ basic crisps are pretty shit - piss thin, greasy and generally of poor quality.

I’m not a great fan of Walkers for many of the reasons you state but I do like those curry ones. Golden Wonder and McCoys are my favourites.

44 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

The answer is still Roysters T-Bone Steak bubble crisps.

They’re a great crisp in their own right, but let’s not have any crazy talk.

9764CB41-CF26-4664-8AB8-FA6FCD871431.jpeg

In their 90’s heyday, when eating one was like putting your tongue on a battery - or one of Kerry Katona’s flaps - nothing could touch them.

• Upvote 4