You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nice three points against a poor side.

Paul

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

our best performance of the season, bar the chelsea game and still people are unhappy, unbelievable really, 6-0 would not have flattered us.

Riise had his best game of the season and if Garcia can take his lead and rediscover his form then i think things are looking up, Cisse looked like he could play the loan striker role, Alonso was sheer class,

You can only beat what's in front of you and we played really well and for a change it wasnt head in your hands job watching the team play.

Agree with most of what Paul wrote, but not that it was Reina's most impressive display for us. His big error could have cost us, but we had the little fortune required to get out of that situation.

Other than that, his performance was very good.

Besides, JAR really surprised me with his right foot. He needs to start using it a lot more to make himself less predictable. So far he's been so one-footed it's unreal!

Could that be that we nearly always play shit teams when he is out? Even last season he played the following games:

CL

Olympiakos Home

Leverkuson home

Juventus home

Chelsea home and away in CL

Chelsea in Carling Final

AC Milan Final

Man United home and away

Arsenal home and away

Chelsea home

Newcastle home and away

What the fuck is left? Yes the shite.

errr... he was suspended for Leverkusen at home :whistle:

As much as we may not like this, it is in our best interests for Chelsea to beat Betis and for us to beat Anderlecht. We will then go into our two remaining games without any concern that we may have to get results in our last two games. We can rest some players.

I also thought Luis was poor yet again. He never get substituted though. It's a bit annoying, really.

personally, although Garcia was frustrating at times last night, i thought the way he played in the final 10 minutes was important and he kept hold of the ball well late on when it was really needed.

personally i would have liked Moro or Crouch to have come on after about an hour when we were under the cosh and completely unable to keep hold of it up front and in midfield, altough i would have wanted him on for Momo who was very disappointing (for the first time) and was not involved at all out on the right. If Garcia goes out there and crouch or Moro up front but deep we would have looked a lot better in the second half, just my opinion of course.

The other thought i had watching this game was that we're going to struggle at the weekend, we were chasing shadows a lot in the second half and there is a fair chance of tiredeness when the players get back today.

Like Juventus away, you mean?

One game out of how many? A game we didn't win and but did what was needed. People talk about Gerarrd'ds absence and us doing well, so how many, list how many BIG games agains top teams did we WIN in his absence last season? Answer not many.

personally, although Garcia was frustrating at times last night, i thought the way he played in the final 10 minutes was important and he kept hold of the ball well late on when it was really needed.

personally i would have liked Moro or Crouch to have come on after about an hour when we were under the cosh and completely unable to keep hold of it up front and in midfield, altough i would have wanted him on for Momo who was very disappointing (for the first time) and was not involved at all out on the right. If Garcia goes out there and crouch or Moro up front but deep we would have looked a lot better in the second half, just my opinion of course.

I thought Garcia was excellent. Good passing & only the usual wayward finishing let him down. I agree Sissoko had his worst game for us by far, did very little right, but confident it was just a one-off.

One game out of how many? A game we didn't win and but did what was needed. People talk about Gerarrd'ds absence and us doing well, so how many, list how many BIG games agains top teams did we WIN in his absence last season? Answer not many.

How many big games against top teams did we win WITH him?? Answer, not many!

How many games did we win FULL STOP last season?? Answer, not many!

What Tom said.

We also lost games against shit teams when he WAS playing you know Rash. You can't have it both ways.

What Tom said.

We also lost games against shit teams when he WAS playing you know Rash. You can't have it both ways.

Those that go on about us winning without him need to take a look at the games we played and against whom. So for the record, how many big games have we won in his absense? Deportivo away? Well they lost all their games in CL last season. Any more takers?

Those that go on about us winning without him need to take a look at the games we played and against whom. So for the record, how many big games have we won in his absense? Deportivo away? Well they lost all their games in CL last season. Any more takers?

How many big games have we played in his absence?

Nick, do you honestly think we played the best we've played all season yesterday (bar the chelsea game) ?

I mean, the first half, yeh i can agree, but the second half was worrying. We lost our shape, didnt hold the ball, kept getting beaten down our left flank and relied on counter attacks for all of our chances. We didnt control the game and I wonder if you are mistaking our most exciting game for our best performance.

Nick, do you honestly think we played the best we've played all season yesterday (bar the chelsea game) ?

I mean, the first half, yeh i can agree, but the second half was worrying. We lost our shape, didnt hold the ball, kept getting beaten down our left flank and relied on counter attacks for all of our chances. We didnt control the game and I wonder if you are mistaking our most exciting game for our best performance.

Well said. Carbon copy of the Betis game - great first half followed by a frustrating, nail-biting second half. How much is down to the opposition raising their game...and how much down to us taking the foot of the pedal? Lost count of the number of times we lost possession needlessly ('unforced errors' in tennis language!) and also how wasteful we were when we outnumbered them on breakaways. Garcia seemed to be the biggest culprit. Hate to say it, but Man U at their best would have run up a cricket score second half. Just worried that we still don't have a clinical, killer instinct.....but maybe this will come with time?

Well said. Carbon copy of the Betis game - great first half followed by a frustrating, nail-biting second half. How much is down to the opposition raising their game...and how much down to us taking the foot of the pedal? Lost count of the number of times we lost possession needlessly ('unforced errors' in tennis language!) and also how wasteful we were when we outnumbered them on breakaways. Garcia seemed to be the biggest culprit. Hate to say it, but Man U at their best would have run up a cricket score second half. Just worried that we still don't have a clinical, killer instinct.....but maybe this will come with time?

18 shots on goal in one game is good enough for me, some of you people are never happy, for any of you unfortunate enough to sit through the Blackburn game, this was light years ahead,

If we had got a second then the game would have been all over a lot sooner

I agree with most of your points...

But as a mentioned in another thread. We may end up playing somewhere between 60-70 games this season. Finnan needs to be rested from time to time, or he would end up a tired shadow of himself, or injuried.

Christ.... according to http://www.liverpool.no Finnan pulled a groin strain before the match yesterday. He will probably miss the next two or three games...

So Paul... Be ready it`s Jose Miguel Gonzales Rey time... :sniff: