You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - EFL Cup Final, Sun 25th Feb 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Endo was stood in an offside position.

Did he stop the the Chelsea player from playing the ball or challenging for it by impeding him? Would the Chelsea player have played the ball or challenged VVD? Did Endo step into his path to impede or did he stand his ground? Both of those are questionable therefore any error was not clear and obvious.

Yes to the bold. It's exactly what that play was designed to do. Colwill was marking VVD. It would've been fine if Endo had taken note of the line and stayed onside.

Think this is where I turn off as I cant take another 30 minutes of this(plus potential penalties). Team looks absolutely knackered and there are no dice left to throw, I hope we can find a winner as I can't fault our display today at all really, odds were already stacked against us before even kicking off and then the ref had to decide he needed the game to be about him.

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

I agreed with Carra too, he said he can understand Trent doing the inverted fullback thing, but why Gomez? He should just stay in his position. It nearly fucked us at least once back there.

Gomez has played that role well from LB. The problem is when he drifts inside from RB he can't bend a pass out wide because he doesn't trust his left foot.

Just now, Anubis said:

Co-commentator on DAZN thinks our goal should have stood.

Both hairy hands and Andy gray think it should have stood as well. 

Hairy hands has actually gone as far too say that the var man can see the apparent impingement by endo, but couldn't see the obvious red card by caicedo 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I agreed with Carra too, he said he can understand Trent doing the inverted fullback thing, but why Gomez? He should just stay in his position. It nearly fucked us at least once back there.

Gomez has played inverted fullback better this season than he's played centre back for the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Am still gobsmacked by the use of VAR for Virge's goal. 

Goals can't be celebrated anymore,

If you look hard enough, nearly every goal could be argued out.

I like the justification "subjective offside"

I didn't know the quest to disallow goals got so philosophical. 

I wan't to see a theoretical offside, an ontological offside and Schrodinger's offside.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

This is why we are stuck with this shit because people like fucking jamie redknapp try and justify the decision. Fucking stop it you get.

Yup, shit like this is exactly why I can't blame Klopp for having had enough.