You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - Sun 4th Feb 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

After dumping them out of cup there I expected that. We were lethargic and lacked ideas - front line didn’t work and the subs changed nothing. Midfield was poor without Szobo and lacked balance - I’d like to see the team switch formations when players are out - play to the strengths of who we have fit, give opposition some guesswork; but we seem happy to have players fit into 4-3-3

Horrible to concede like that. Too many players way off their game. The better team wanted it more today that’s a concern. 

Another performance like that in the league this season will end any challenge for us. 

However hard that was to take yesterday some things need to be taken with a pinch of salt and need to move on. 

• We have lost x 1 game all season (We didnt lose against spurs IMO)
  • VVD and Ali BOTH have enough credit in the bank that they can have an off day
  • Yeah its Klopp to manage but Dom; connor; Nunez was all out of his hands and managed in best way possible
  • ITS STILL IN OUR HANDS- Win all our remaining games and we win the league

Not winning this weekend against Burnley and there are questions to be asked. Until that happens losing our first game away at Arsenal with big names missing is really alright at this stage of the season. 

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Martinelli was crocked last night and will be sidelined for a while. Big loss for them 

That will hurt them as he's a big part of their attacking intensity.

5 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Didn't watch anything after the final whistle, but what the fuck is Odergaard on with, celebrating and taking photos after the match?

What a small time cunt.

Mirror image of his manager that cunt. Forever waving his arms around geeing up the crowd and crying about every decision.

42 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Martinelli was crocked last night and will be sidelined for a while. Big loss for them 

You sure you are not getting mixed up with Martinez at the mancs? Can't see anything online about Martinelli....

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Beat me to it. I think it's just a positive psychology trick though.

It won’t help if we lose the league by 2 points as the result stands. Will be fucking fuming about it but there’ll be nothing to be done. 

I have watched some of the incidents again, still have no idea what the fuck was VVD trying to do for their 2nd goal. He should just fucking cleared it, pretty fucking basic. 

We didn't lose due to Taylor but the cunt still found a way to screw us - both yellows for Konate were questionable. 

For the 3rd goal there was a deflection off VVD, who should have closed down Trossard quite easily, but he chose to slowly jog back instead. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I have watched some of the incidents again, still have no idea what the fuck was VVD trying to do for their 2nd goal. He should just fucking cleared it, pretty fucking basic. 

We didn't lose due to Taylor but the cunt still found a way to screw us - both yellows for Konate were questionable. 

For the 3rd goal there was a deflection off VVD, who should have closed down Trossard quite easily, but he chose to slowly jog back instead. 

Van Dijk needs to sort his shit out. He's been largely imperious all season but could have cost us two penalties vs Chelsea & did cost us two goals last night. 

Not really good enough from him & hopefully it acts as a boot up his arse.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

Van Dijk needs to sort his shit out. He's been largely imperious all season but could have cost us two penalties vs Chelsea & did cost us two goals last night. 

Not really good enough from him & hopefully it acts as a boot up his arse.

Agree 100%, he could have easily cost us points in the Chelsea game too. 

Need to cut that shit out. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

This was a proper bumming really. Sometimes you get bummed, sometimes you bum them.

Not sure I agree with that, we played really poorly and still had to fuck up twice to gift them 2 goals. I thought it was a really poor game overall from both teams with Arsenal better than us because of how piss poor we were. 

Arsenal remind me a bit of Pochettino's Spurs - really aggressive, play at a crazy tempo, but with not that much substance beneath the intensity of the  press. As has been said elsewhere, in spite of how poor we were, without gifting them two goals we probably come away with at least a point. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

Arsenal remind me a bit of Pochettino's Spurs - really aggressive, play at a crazy tempo, but with not that much substance beneath the intensity of the  press. As has been said elsewhere, in spite of how poor we were, without gifting them two goals we probably come away with at least a point. 

Agreed they beat us this week and next week they will give away 3 points to a team they should soundly beat 

To Arsenal’s credit, Martinelli harried Virgil and Alisson into that mistake.

Nunez pissed me off with that abysmal effort and then accepting Gabriel’s roaring in his face over it. Felt a bit like Arthur shaking Guardiola’s hand last season. 

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

To Arsenal’s credit, Martinelli harried Virgil and Alisson into that mistake.

Nunez pissed me off with that abysmal effort and then accepting Gabriel’s roaring in his face over it. Felt a bit like Arthur shaking Guardiola’s hand last season. 

Wash your mouth out.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This was a proper bumming really. Sometimes you get bummed, sometimes you bum them.

I'd have agreed if their second goal wasnt an horrendous mistake,or their third was the same with 10 men. We deserved to lose but still had a good chance not too despite an awful performance.

We were shite it happens in football it’s just a pity we were no show in a massive game can’t afford that against City at home still 15 games to go and we are in great position to compete for this title and big players to come back Up the disappointing at Arsenal away Redmen 

• Upvote 1