You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

There should only be four candidates really, unless someone makes a u-turn. 

Conte, Tuchel, Mourinho and Zidane. 

Zidane has been waiting for the France job, but Deschamps has extended until 2026.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The point is to get someone who could be a great manager. If it's just picking the person with the best achievements, it should be real easy.

De Zerbi is thought of as someone who could be a great manager. You don't like him, we get it. You don't have to pretend Brighton should have finished in the top 4 this season for him to be any good.

I didn’t mention top 4 and I don't have an opinion of him as a person (apart from his poor hairstyle choice). The title of the thread is "So who should be our next manager?"

That is the only level for which I am critiquing De Zerbi.

The most important thing I want to see from a manager is progression. Brighton have got worse under De Zerbi. He took over a team that had finished 9th the previous season, were (probably in a false position of) 4th when he took over, finished the season in 6th but his points total for his 31 games, was equal to 8th place Spurs and will finish 11th to 13th this season, while the form of the team is nosediving. 

He has also spoken out publicly about the club ownership.

He should be nowhere near any discussions about becoming the Liverpool manager.

• Upvote 1

Working with youth

Arne Slot’s tenure as a football manager has been marked by his unwavering commitment to nurturing young talent and bridging the gap between the academy and the first team. With a keen eye for spotting potential, Slot implemented a streamlined approach that effectively integrated academy players into the senior squad, thereby creating a culture that allowed talent to thrive.
One of the most remarkable aspects of Slot’s strategy was his belief in the capabilities of the academy players. He recognised the immense potential within the club’s youth system. Slot meticulously identified promising talents, focusing not only on their technical abilities but also on their attitude, work ethic, and dedication to the game. By instilling faith in these young players, he fostered an environment where they felt valued and motivated to prove themselves at the highest level.
Moreover, Slot’s emphasis on a cohesive playing style played a pivotal role in his successful integration of academy players. He recognised the importance of continuity in the team’s approach and style of play, ensuring that the young talents were well-versed in the club’s footballing philosophy from an early stage. By familiarizing them with the team’s tactics and strategies, Slot minimized the adjustment period for the academy players, enabling them to seamlessly fit into the first team when given the opportunity.

8 minutes ago, Code said:

Zidane has been waiting for the France job, but Deschamps has extended until 2026.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but have you considered becoming a Chelsea fan because that's the most Chelsea shortlist that's ever been put together.

First team obsessed, dour, short-termist, CV padders.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I mean this in the nicest possible way but have you considered becoming a Chelsea fan because that's the most Chelsea shortlist that's ever been put together.

I have a habit of liking winners, not losers. 

12 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I want a manager that doesnt bleach his anus.

To be honest I dont really care about the anus bleaching part, just trying to join the discussion at the right level here. 

Well you’ve come to the right place.

11 minutes ago, Code said:

Fucking insane opinion. Basically might as well throw the entire foundations of the club in the bin

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

bald headed dutchman what could go wrong

As long as there's no off field nonsense of him defending sex pests then he's sufficiently different.

Plus it'd be funny if it turned out that Utd ended up with the peanut flicking evil superman while we got the good-un.

15 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I didn’t mention top 4 and I don't have an opinion of him as a person (apart from his poor hairstyle choice). The title of the thread is "So who should be our next manager?"

That is the only level for which I am critiquing De Zerbi.

The most important thing I want to see from a manager is progression. Brighton have got worse under De Zerbi. He took over a team that had finished 9th the previous season, were (probably in a false position of) 4th when he took over, finished the season in 6th but his points total for his 31 games, was equal to 8th place Spurs and will finish 11th to 13th this season, while the form of the team is nosediving. 

He has also spoken out publicly about the club ownership.

He should be nowhere near any discussions about becoming the Liverpool manager.

It's like going around in circles with you. They got worse because they have basically made 150m in profit since he got there. If he would have improved on a 6th place finish, he'd literally be Jesus Christ.

1 minute ago, etho said:

Fucking insane opinion. Basically might as well throw the entire foundations of the club in the bin

Really?

Mourinho - the fans at his former clubs love him, opposition fans hate him, a bit like Klopp.

Tuchel - followed Klopp twice before, both at Mainz and Dortmund, at Mainz one year after his departure.

Conte - born winner, want everyone at the club to share his mentality, both players and board. I cant see anything wrong with a manager actually demanding this.

Zidane - won everything as player and manager, would be interesting and I think it would be a success.

Above all. none of these would think twice about the pressure following Klopp. Hey would love and rise to the challenge. 

5 minutes ago, Code said:

Really?

Mourinho - the fans at his former clubs love him, opposition fans hate him, a bit like Klopp.

Tuchel - followed Klopp twice before, both at Mainz and Dortmund, at Mainz one year after his departure.

Conte - born winner, want everyone at the club to share his mentality, both players and board. I cant see anything wrong with a manager actually demanding this.

Zidane - won everything as player and manager, would be interesting and I think it would be a success.

Above all. none of these would think twice about the pressure following Klopp. Hey would love and rise to the challenge. 

Mou Mou and Conte wilted at Spurs, of all places.