You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

2 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I know its a bit conspiracy theory, but I remember he said that if we went down the Netflix documentary route, he would leave.  there's been reports that FSG have been talking to TV companies.

Deffo something gone on I reckon, he has made a big play of Liverpool 2.0 and how it has reinvigorated everything, and then to announce he is going?

They wouldn't do anything to risk Klopp leaving. They have probably only started talking to TV companies after he announced that he was going.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

The timing is very suss indeed.

Could easily be that somehow info was leaked, and they knew it would get out anyway. Better then to reveal the news yourself.

How can we say the timing is wrong when we don't know the facts?

6 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I know its a bit conspiracy theory, but I remember he said that if we went down the Netflix documentary route, he would leave.  there's been reports that FSG have been talking to TV companies.

Deffo something gone on I reckon, he has made a big play of Liverpool 2.0 and how it has reinvigorated everything, and then to announce he is going?

I doubt it. But it's not impossible.

No way they can do a doc with a new coach trying to follow in his footsteps.

10 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

I'm with you, I reckon FSG chose a few million quid from HBO/Netflix/Amazon over the 100's of millions they get from the best manager Liverpool have had for years and years.

(Klopp didn't walk in this morning and decide this, he says himself he decided it early into the season and told FSG in November).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

Maybe they’re doing it because he is leaving? Last chance so to speak. That is not why he is leaving.

The biggest fear is that there's no continuity. Whoever comes in will be starting from scratch,no matter how many good players are here and that klopp will leave him with a brilliant squad.

What are virgil, Alison, trent and salah going to be thinking?

At least with the boot room, there was continuity. Shanks Paisley fagan Kenny.

They say its the hope that kills you. In this instance, its the not knowing what the fuck is going to happen.

Who in the name of fuck can take over from living legend and continue to keep us at the fucking top?

Feels like Kenny the first time. Something very odd with the timing - as many have pointed out. 

Very odd the entire back-room going too. Thought Lijnders might have fancied a crack (no thanks). 

It was always going to happen - I expected another season minimum as the 2.0 project developed. 

Going to roll a fat one and let it sink in. Alonso for me - hard to see who will be making that call however. 

45 minutes ago, Street Preacher said:

It's hard to know if it's good to know now or at the end of the season. Pros and cons. I'd prefer to know as we can make the absolute best of him and also the fans &, players can use it to help us in the last few months of the season. 

I hope George plays 'Galvanise' by Chemical Brothers against Chelsea.