You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

By that shot, the manc defender is on the line. So any contact there is the foul and should be a pen. Also how has he not been at least booked. He has made no attempt at the ball so it's a yellow minimum and possibly a red for denying a goalscoring opportunity 

Screenshot_20240414_003052_X.jpg

The penalty against Bournemouth was just as bad by the way, as the Bournemouth player, by the time the ball struck him, had managed to get his arm tucked back against his body.

2 minutes ago, Moo said:

The penalty against Bournemouth was just as bad by the way, as the Bournemouth player, by the time the ball struck him, had managed to get his arm tucked back against his body.

Yeah it's deflected and it's hit him high up, looks like the sleeve as he turns. 

They get a pen for this

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13114802/was-it-the-right-decision-to-award-manchester-united-a-penalty

By the way she is a fucking awful pundit 

So Redknapp mind you

But these arnt pens

Potentially as you have to score it and the game could still change, 6 additional points for us and City and Arsenal a point less

i.jpeg

images.jpeg

macallister-pen-not-given-after-being-kicked-in-the-chest-v0-xhoedwxrnjnc1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

…and possibly a red for denying a goalscoring opportunity 

You can’t see it on these pics but Maguire was in the area and in a position where he may have been able to get across to him.

Just now, Anubis said:

You can’t see it on these pics but Maguire was in the area and in a position where he may have been able to get across to him.

Fair enough

Still needs to be a yellow if he was

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

By that shot, the manc defender is on the line. So any contact there is the foul and should be a pen. Also how has he not been at least booked. He has made no attempt at the ball so it's a yellow minimum and possibly a red for denying a goalscoring opportunity 

It's outrageous that VAR overturned the onfield decision based upon the footage they where showing. Conveniently after the game their where more angles which clearly shown the player being wiped out in the box. The Officials have made a decision not to award a penalty against Manchester United because its Manchester United.

I can't be arsed with still pictures of penalty incidents. Football isn't played at one frame per 30 seconds.

Should probably go in the Shitness of Modern Football thread.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I can't be arsed with still pictures of penalty incidents. Football isn't played at one frame per 30 seconds.

Should probably go in the Shitness of Modern Football thread.

Dead right. Unfortunately that’s how it’s refereed these days (eg Curtis Jones red card). And when it suits them. 

i thought the Utd pen fort handball was questionable, ive seen them given, and not given, again, its the inconsistency thats annpoying, not so much the decision. Its just one week its, another it isnt. 

Same with the pen that Bournmouth didnt get, 

it does hiurt an extra bit when you see the blatant ones we havent been given though. 

tere was a challenge in one of the games yesterday, i think it was the spurs and newcastle game, i just watched it earlier there on match of the day, i might have the game wrong, 

and a midfielder goes in with a very high foot, akin to the doku one against macallister the other week. it was in the middle of the park and rightfully so, the high tackler got himself booked and the free was awarded, yet somehow, a referee, and a fuckinf retarded referee in front a tv screen couldnt see any fault in the doku one. 

Thats why, the enxty time that bald manc cunt is on sky trying to defend his bumbuddies, Owen (if its him) should play both clips, and ask fuck face to explain the difference, without making an arse of himself

• Upvote 1

After watching some decent referees midweek it doesn't take long to get back to seeing how fucking shit the refs are in this country.

The Newcastle Spurs game, the ref gets himself into a mess straight away not booking that uber cunt Maddison for a blatant block so then doesn't book Burn for rugby tackling him 5 mins later because of that. We then had to listen to Fletcher saying how good the ref is seeing the cards stay in his pocket before he straight away books somebody for the next nothing foul, making him look an even bigger cunt than he was for saying Van de Ven is the best defender in the league. The next game is basically what we've seen all season with VAR. They can decide the outcome of a game if they so want. He could have kept the onfield decision, was it clear and obvious not to? He decided to change it.

• Upvote 2

Our title challenge is done so I don't know why I'm watching anyway...but Arsenal are currently benefitting from the kind of fortune that went against us today.  That's football for ya.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Villa much the better team.

It makes our last few performances all the more frustrating.

I think Arsenal need to find a way to win here if they’re to be champions. I also think Bayern will take them out on Wednesday.

Just now, El Rojo said:

It makes our last few performances all the more frustrating.

I think Arsenal need to find a way to win here if they’re to be champions. I also think Bayern will take them out on Wednesday.

Hope they lose both games. 

All in on plucky Pep and his Oil state sted heads winning the league. Atletico shithousing them out of the CL would be nice too.

• Upvote 1