You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday 30 April at 16.30

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

Fuck off Redknappn that Diaz challenge is a fucking red all day. And souness too. Skipp knew dam well what he was doing and no intent? Fuck me. What are these cunts watching

There was more intent in Skipps challenge than Jotas 

On referee Paul Tierney: "How they can give a foul on Mohamed Salah [before Spurs' third goal]. We have our history with [Paul] Tierney, I really don’t know what he has against us, he has said there is no problems but that cannot be true.

"How he looks at me, I don’t understand it. In England nobody has to clarify these situations, it’s really tricky and hard to understand. My celebration was unnecessary, which is fair but what he said to me when he gave me the yellow card is not ok."

• Upvote 7

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Jota: disgraceful, should be sent off.

Skipp: got the ball, mis-timed, yellow.

Richarlison: He made the most of it, flung himself to the ground, ball nowhere near him, but yeah, penalty.

Utter joke punditry I couldn’t believe what I’m hearing. Diaz has been out all season with a bad injury and some no mark goes through him after getting a slight touch on the ball.

• Upvote 2

Went to the Aussie Rules football at the MCG yesterday afternoon with some old friends from Perth.

Got a bit drunk, then drunker at home.... fell asleep watching the early kick-offs and just woke up.

Not knowing the result, I just watched the highlights from Anfield.

Well I'll be fucked... is how I'd sum up my feelings on this one.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

On referee Paul Tierney: "How they can give a foul on Mohamed Salah [before Spurs' third goal]. We have our history with [Paul] Tierney, I really don’t know what he has against us, he has said there is no problems but that cannot be true.

"How he looks at me, I don’t understand it. In England nobody has to clarify these situations, it’s really tricky and hard to understand. My celebration was unnecessary, which is fair but what he said to me when he gave me the yellow card is not ok."

Come on Jurgen spill, if he's had a go let's wipe the floor with fat manc cunt!

11 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Jota: disgraceful, should be sent off.

Skipp: got the ball, mis-timed, yellow.

Richarlison: He made the most of it, flung himself to the ground, ball nowhere near him, but yeah, penalty.

To be fair, I’d be fuming if we didn’t get that penalty - stupid by konate.

That Skipp has quickly elevated himself into my current list of most annoying players after today. And that isn’t a red in my eyes - he’s leaning in below shoulder height. Shoulder height is the cut off isn’t it? Or have I made that up?

Not really sure whether to be happy or annoyed after that. It was a game that probably mirrored how my thoughts keep fluctuating on our prospects for next season. We made the great start and I'm thinking just a few additions and we'll comfortably at least be back in the top 4 next year. Then we go from that to looking all over the place and I'm back on the half this team look finished train.

At least it was funny how we won it. Such a Spursy way to lose a game. Any other team apart from maybe Everton and Jota puts that late chance the other side of the post. Poor Richarlison celebrates  his equalizer like an absolute twat and then suffers instant karma.

It doesn't excuse our performance, but Tierney was an absolute disgrace again. He gave the penalty but that was literally the only thing he did give us in the whole game. Constantly not giving blatant fouls from Spurs players and blowing up for perfectly good challenges from our players. Refs take the piss on a weekly basis in refusing to give Mo anything, but actually penalizing Mo for that late incident was alleviating the piss taking to a whole new level. Spurs got the freekick that led to their equalizer straight after that. Had it finished 3-3 it would have been all on Tierney. Klopp needs to call out that performance today because that ref should never be allowed near one of our games ever again, although we were all saying that last season too.

Why do pundits only seem to be concerned about the haranguing of officials possibly filtering down to “grassroots” football when it’s Klopp who has lost his rag? Never when it’s Arteta or Guardiola. They had no such concerns when Ferguson was doing it for years either? 

Klopp was spot on with his comments about Tierney but I reckon he’ll probably get in trouble for them. 

• Upvote 1

Good old Sky - so terribly inclusive these days, and yet for the Spurs interview, once again, it's one southerner having a good old natter with another southerner, in the north-west. 

They bottled it with Tierney, so desperate were they to be seen to slam anything negative about the officials. It reminds me of someone showing off an old canned laughter machine: 'Have you got any booing in  that?' 

Klopp knows he'll get fined for speaking out, so it would be sensible to look seriously into why he went ahead and said it, instead of doing the old 'McDonald's sports school, we're defending the grass roots' shite. Tierney is really dodgy and it's high time they looked at an official for that instead of pretending someone's been nasty to the Pope.

31 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Konate really isn’t all that. Do not get the love in at all.

Van Dijk needs to reevaluate his game over the summer break. This new set up is not a viable solution long term, today was the perfect illustration of that.

First sentence is wrong, second is very much right.