You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

23 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Chelsea have bought Deivid for £17m, must be pretty special if they're spending that kind of money on a teenager with nine senior league appearances.

I was told to not be surprised if Chelsea spent up to nearly another £100m before the close of the transfer window. 

Gross, not net. 

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I've never understood this interest at all, if we get this guy instead of a proper defensive midfielder I will understand it even less.

I’ve been thinking a bit recently, Klopp has had success with players and moving them around a bit.  

Milner to left back. 

Wijnaldum was more of a #10 at Newcastle. 

Ox was as more a wide player as he was central. 

Fabinho was part of a double pivot at Monaco. He was a right back before that. 

Jones & Elliott has dropped back into midfield. 

Gakpo has moved inside from left wing.  

Shaq was, initially, moved inside.

Bajectic was a centre back, then a #6 and then an #8. 

Could we see more shifting about with players?

Mac Allister can player anywhere. 

Szoboszali has played Mo’s role and is more of a #10 (or very advanced #8).

Which long winded brings me to Gravenberch - I’m not really sure what he is! Is he something Klopp could mould into a word class #6 or #8?

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve been thinking a bit recently, Klopp has had success with players and moving them around a bit.  

Milner to left back. 

Wijnaldum was more of a #10 at Newcastle. 

Ox was as more a wide player as he was central. 

Fabinho was part of a double pivot at Monaco. He was a right back before that. 

Jones & Elliott has dropped back into midfield. 

Gakpo has moved inside from left wing.  

Shaq was, initially, moved inside.

Bajectic was a centre back, then a #6 and then an #8. 

Could we see more shifting about with players?

Mac Allister can player anywhere. 

Szoboszali has played Mo’s role and is more of a #10 (or very advanced #8).

Which long winded brings me to Gravenberch - I’m not really sure what he is! Is he something Klopp could mould into a word class #6 or #8?

I'm sure what he isn't - a top class CL-level footballer. Position is one thing, and yes as you've said Klopp views it as pretty flexible. But you can't make up for a lack of quality, or a lack of effort. If there's a player Gravenberch reminds me of, it's a tougher, less technical Paul Pogba.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The interest in Salah isnt surprising at all. Funny how it comes out a week before the window closes, though.

If we had any sort of solid base to fall back on, I wouldnt mind if he left this summer, but we dont. 

Just before we play Geordie Arabia, as well.

We need to be a sustainable business and this is more important than anything therefore fsg should sell and pay off the ARE stand securing the future of the club. Then we can all laugh at Man City winning another treble without doing it in a sustainable way. 

Mo Salah is blocking Oakley Cannoniers progress into the first team anyway. 

• Upvote 2