You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Something Fishy about Rishi

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, A Red said:

I'm not that arsed how much he earns, good luck to him. I do however get it that he cant really empathise with most of the electorate. 

That said there are many Mp's that are rich and have no real understanding of peoples day to day financial struggles.

I don’t think anyone cares how much he earns. Far more his tax arrangements and whether he’s trying to skimp on paying his fair share and save a few hundred thousand when he’s a multi, multi millionaire and inflicting the worst living standard conditions on the majority of the country in living memory. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I think he has done very well with the NI agreement which is why it seems to be smarting with his predecessors.

I realise we are in ' worlds tallest midget ' territory, but he seems a lot more competent than Theresa May onwards. The one jarring thing is the  Stop the Boats shite which he parrots but never looks like he believes. Probably pushed by that Aussie guy on the election staff.

I agree he’s managed to achieve a far better outcome than any of his predecessors. 

However he was an advocate of Brexit which was always going to put the GFA at risk. 

Let’s see if he’s now got the bollocks to front up to the DUP and insist his NI Secretary calls new elections. 

10 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t think anyone cares how much he earns. Far more his tax arrangements and whether he’s trying to skimp on paying his fair share and save a few hundred thousand when he’s a multi, multi millionaire and inflicting the worst living standard conditions on the majority of the country in living memory. 

Didn’t he make his money betting against the pound in the financial crash in 2008?

I care deeply about anyone making fortunes for themselves to the cost of millions without the financial cushion to weather the tanking of the economy 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Champ said:

Didn’t he make his money betting against the pound in the financial crash in 2008?

I care deeply about anyone making fortunes for themselves to the cost of millions without the financial cushion to weather the tanking of the economy 

I think that was for his employers, (he obviously benefited through his bonus scheme so completely agree with your point) but my point was I have no issue with people of great wealth being MPs. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Bet he didn’t see any potholes like that when he was cruising along Sunset Boulevard back in the day, before he dedicated his life to helping this great country of ours. 

One of The Donald’s first acts as BigPrez45 was to have loads of potholes filled in New York. The fact that they were all on his route from the airport to his gaff is neither here, nor there, and purely coincidental.

Whadaguy.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

One of The Donald’s first acts as BigPrez45 was to have loads of potholes filled in New York. The fact that they were all on his route from the airport to his gaff is neither here, nor there, and purely coincidental.

Whadaguy.

My president. 

The world needs four more years of that stuff.