You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

No slight on Trent and Jones, but we haven’t missed them at all thanks to Bradley and the collective midfield efforts.

We’ve undoubtedly missed Jota.

Will be great to be able to bring on 3/4 senior players on 60 minutes in the remaining games. Had a huge impact early in the season. 

Well it probably depends how you look at missed. Clearly Trent was fucked on the day he went off injured at arsenal and we limped through some games such as forest and the cup final come to that and I'm sure they'd have made a difference. Forest and the cup final obviously gave us some nice stories and some feel good, but Trent especially, of course you miss him. 

None of this is to say others haven't done a great job, because they have, but I'd have loved us to have a fit Trent in that arsenal match and Jota especially against city last week. The league would look much different if we'd have got the draw at arsenal and we'd have finished city off. And arsenal might not have quite the bounce they have since. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well it probably depends how you look at missed. Clearly Trent was fucked on the day he went off injured at arsenal and we limped through some games such as forest and the cup final come to that and I'm sure they'd have made a difference. Forest and the cup final obviously gave us some nice stories and some feel good, but Trent especially, of course you miss him. 

None of this is to say others haven't done a great job, because they have, but I'd have loved us to have a fit Trent in that arsenal match and Jota especially against city last week. The league would look much different if we'd have got the draw at arsenal and we'd have finished city off. And arsenal might not have quite the bounce they have since. 

One big thing over the last several weeks has been the siege mentality we’ve had regardless of lineup. There have been games where we’ve just refused to not win. Hopefully that’s related to Klopp’s impending departure and won’t get diluted when he has his best players back. 

We’d undoubtedly have been in a better position to beat City with Jota featuring.

• Upvote 1

Trent is probably the best passer of a ball in the Premier League and it's debatable whether we've missed him.  That's the kind of season we're having.

See also - Matip and Konaté injured and Gomez on active duty elsewhere on the pitch, and all that happens is Quansah steps up.

Trents an unbelievable talent but I'll be honest I haven't missed his blasé attitude of recent and I think it would stand out even more so after the graft of the last few weeks when he comes back. Have we looked exposed the way we usually did week in week out, clearly that's not all on Trent as the midfield adapting and getting better is huge but he is a huge part and to be honest I don't put him ahead of any midfielder we have or have him clogging up spaces our current midfielders are working in. I think he's got to fight for his place and position again as every player should. He has to prove he's first choice in either midfield or defence and not just expect he is. He needs to graft.

• Upvote 4

On 07/03/2024 at 20:37, an tha said:

Liverpool will check on the fitness of Ibrahima Konate after he was withdrawn during the 5-1 win over Sparta Prague on Thursday night.

The centre-back went down requiring treatment before being substituted in the 51st minute at Stadion Letna and will require further assessment back on Merseyside.

However, there are no concerns over Joe Gomez, who was taken off at half-time of the last-16, first-leg clash in Czechia.

Jürgen Klopp told his post-match press conference: "We don't know [yet]. Ibou said to me when he passed me in that moment, 'I thought if I do another sprint then it could be bad.' So, he said he should be fine, but we don't know.

"Joey is fine. We took him off, he played a lot of games so that was more rotation, precaution. Now let's see what is with Ibou."

10 days later....he's still out.

Jota is pretty key. He’s ruthless. Having some fresh legs back will help us. Jones imminent and Trent and jota not far off. 
Let’s pick ourselves up and win the title. And go there in April and give them the pasting they should have had today. Cunts.

11 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Klopp said Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo all picked up knocks today.

I reckon some long distance flights, a different training regime and yet more football will sort the exhausted Diaz and Nunez right out. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, an tha said:

Jurgen Klopp:

• Luis Diaz “felt his groin”
• Darwin Nunez “felt his hamstring” but hopes it isn’t bad
• Also thinks Cody Gakpo has twisted his ankle

These are season ending injuries if you translate from Klopp's usual he thought he felt something, and we couldn't risk it three to four week lay-offs.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

These are season ending injuries if you translate from Klopp's usual he thought he felt something, and we couldn't risk it three to four week lay-offs.

I’m not sure if our new manager will keep our current medical team but I’m looking forward to seeing our injury record next season especially hamstring and knocks I’m getting the feeling for the last 2 years it’s been like a kid saying he doesn’t want to go school because he has a runny nose

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Diaz has reported for international duty

At least Nunez and our lot have had the sense to say he ain't going, shame we haven't done that with Diaz and Gakpo(yeah yeah I know).

Meanwhile Gabriel has withdrawn from the Brazilian squad with a knock... He hasn't played since last Tuesday where he oddly managed to see the entire game out.... Wish we'd just play the same game with our players ffs.

3 hours ago, Dapower said:

I’m not sure if our new manager will keep our current medical team but I’m looking forward to seeing our injury record next season especially hamstring and knocks I’m getting the feeling for the last 2 years it’s been like a kid saying he doesn’t want to go school because he has a runny nose

Or sometimes, it seems the kid is OK with going back to school because he misses being with his mates. But his over protective parents (the medical team) stop him even when the headmaster (Klopp) wants him back in school.

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

What the fuck is Konate doing reporting for Internatonal shite when he has been out injured for us last two weekends?

I thought he was ready for the Mancs but not heard why he was missing we don’t half fuck about with explanations I hope it’s different next season I really do 

2 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Or sometimes, it seems the kid is OK with going back to school because he misses being with his mates. But his over protective parents (the medical team) stop him even when the headmaster (Klopp) wants him back in school.

Watching Nunez look like an olympic steeplechase gold medalist at wembley the other week absolutely convinced me that my long held opinion that this is the case is indeed the case.

• Upvote 2