You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LOTR: The Rings of Power

Sugar Ape

On 15/10/2022 at 10:06, Section_31 said:

I reckon it's deffo Gandalf, same dynamic with the hobbit kid and the horse and carriage.

They've all but confirmed it with the follow your nose nonsense. If it's not it'll just be a cynical way to create a twist in the plot. If it is then it leads into the Big G's love for the shirefolk after his adventures with Nuri. 

I'll stick with it but with the last few episodes aside, I found it really tedious. No one to root for except the stranger and nuri, everyone else is deeply dislikesble. Oren is interesting but I suspect will die shortly. 

I enjoyed it, but I was watching it with my 12 year old son so probably had a bit of an optimistic mindset.
Maybe as soon as you start thinking it’s a bit shit then there is quite a lot that you can easily spot that is a bit shit.

Mind you we have both been taking this piss out of Leo the worst acting weird lurching Manc kid from the first episode. Great fun for the boy, “Where’s me mother?” “Is it bedtime mother?” “Mother, should I brush my teeth now, mother?”

11 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Spartacus was brilliant, the exact opposite of this rubbish.

I think you'll find it's this really expensive rubbish.  Not sure how you can spend a billion and the end result is this. 

I'm on episode 3. It's a mess. A great looking mess, but a mess. I don't know who I'm supposed to be rooting for, or who the baddie is. I don't need to see slow motion of people riding horses, or Lenny Henry doing an Irish accent with a pile of straw on his head. Did Jeff Bezos write the screenplay? 

Galadriel would get it though, fit as. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I'm on episode 3. It's a mess. A great looking mess, but a mess. I don't know who I'm supposed to be rooting for, or who the baddie is. I don't need to see slow motion of people riding horses, or Lenny Henry doing an Irish accent with a pile of straw on his head. Did Jeff Bezos write the screenplay? 

Galadriel would get it though, fit as. 

Turn the sound off and listen to an album as you watch it. You'll miss nothing and enjoy it far more.

Galadriel is fit but a total fucking head buster.

I enjoyed the series, overall. Wasn't the best thing I've ever watched, and the budget is a huge millstone around it's neck, but it did a job. I was a bit disappointed with the last two episodes though. And some of the script writing was abysmal. Would it have hurt to put a couple of laughs in now and again? 

6.5/10.

Mildly looking forward to series 2.