You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Some very generous figures in the estimates for their player.

For example, I can only assume there has been a decimal point missed off Antony’s potential value…

IMG_1422.jpeg

Hojlund is a ridiculous valuation. Good player with enough talent to be a very decent player.

Garnacho has real talent imo. I hope he fucks off to Real soon. Nowhere near that valuation but potentially a really good player. Mainoo is the same - could be very good.

Sancho is potentially outstanding. I hope he is never wanting to go back there because a proper manager could get a tune out of him.

The others Jesus..

I read the article and the valuations in there are far more realistic, I think whoever made that graphic was taking the piss.

Hojlund for £90odd million? I don't think so.

23 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hojlund is a ridiculous valuation. Good player with enough talent to be a very decent player.

He was overpriced in the summer when the spunked c.£64m on him, I struggle to believe his 14 goals in 38 games (8 in the league) this season has added an extra c.£30m to his price tag. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Some very generous figures in the estimates for their player.

For example, I can only assume there has been a decimal point missed off Antony’s potential value…

IMG_1422.jpeg

Some GOT whopper did something similar with estimations for the Everton squad a few years ago - back in the heady days of the powershift - with Pickford at £90m being par for the course.

33 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Some GOT whopper did something similar with estimations for the Everton squad a few years ago - back in the heady days of the powershift - with Pickford at £90m being par for the course.

If they have to do a fire sale in the summer, I could only see Pickford and Branthwaite getting reasonable fees.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

He was overpriced in the summer when the spunked c.£64m on him, I struggle to believe his 14 goals in 38 games (8 in the league) this season has added an extra c.£30m to his price tag. 

It's madness. To be fair, I do think he could become a very decent player in the coming years, but he's far from being a really good one. Watkins is a really good one, so he must be worth 2-3 times what he is.

I can get Garnacho and Mainoo hillariously might be undervalued there - I know he hasn't played too often but I think he is going to be very good for them unfortunately.

Sancho would be worth a punt. He has the talent to be world class. There does seem to be discipline issues there, but you have to think that a good manager could get a tune out of him. I suppose there is zero chance of him coming here unless he goes abroad and returns, but he's a London kid so more likely one of their clubs.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That was the Legendary SteveO he was an absolute lunatic 

1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

Screenshot_20240502_215704_Samsung Internet.jpgseen this on Facebook. Fucking hell what a creature that Ratcliffe is. Didnt someone on here once work for one of his firms years ago?

He definitely suits them

He's an odious tax dodging brexit shithouse cunt.

Perfect for those bastards.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Screenshot_20240502_215704_Samsung Internet.jpgseen this on Facebook. Fucking hell what a creature that Ratcliffe is. Didnt someone on here once work for one of his firms years ago?

He definitely suits them

I think it was The Bitch, he usually had nice things to say about good old Jim.

Major developments unfolding this evening.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has ordered Manchester United’s staff to raise standards after describing the level of untidiness in offices as a “disgrace” and some dressing rooms as “not much better”.

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Tuchel is a good coach but he will fall out with people within 2 years. 

Yeah he's actually very good and would be a huge improvement, but he seems a spikey type of guy, so I can't see it working over a sustained period of time.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Major developments unfolding this evening.

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has ordered Manchester United’s staff to raise standards after describing the level of untidiness in offices as a “disgrace” and some dressing rooms as “not much better”.

Read that as well. He said something about standards projected to new signings and the media. I’m just imagining Mbappe saying he was well up for the move until he saw someone left a teaspoon in the IT kitchen sink and he was so disgusted he sacked the whole move off.

Same with the back to work thing. You can send Susan from accounts in 5 days a week and there’s nothing she can do to stop Maguire from barrelling it into his own net, or Onana punching a striker’s head instead of the ball. 

The daily telegraph made flesh. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Manny said:

Read that as well. He said something about standards projected to new signings and the media. I’m just imagining Mbappe saying he was well up for the move until he saw someone left a teaspoon in the IT kitchen sink and he was so disgusted he sacked the whole move off.

Same with the back to work thing. You can send Susan from accounts in 5 days a week and there’s nothing she can do to stop Maguire from barrelling it into his own net, or Onana punching a striker’s head instead of the ball. 

The daily telegraph made flesh. 

He's one of these business twats who thinks he can run anything because he's so fucking smart, hopefully it becomes a Musk and Twitter type situation.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's one of these business twats who thinks he can run anything because he's so fucking smart, hopefully it becomes a Musk and Twitter type situation.

Smart in their world generally means rich friends or relatives who lend them capital and endure their numerous fuck ups before one of their endeavours becomes a success,

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah he's actually very good and would be a huge improvement, but he seems a spikey type of guy, so I can't see it working over a sustained period of time.

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Tuchel is a good coach but he will fall out with people within 2 years. 

I’m unconvinced by him. Maybe because his record against us is crap. 

However, came 2nd at Dortmund, fell out with everyone and was sacked.

Got PSG to the COVID19 CL Final, lost and got sacked. 

Won the COVID19 CL Final with Chelsea. Lost other cup finals to us. Never looked like challenging for the title. Fell out with everyone, was sacked. 

Won the title with Bayern last season because Dortmund absolutely choked on the final day. Miles behind in the Bundesliga this season. Admittedly, doing well in the CL. 

Dunno, he obviously is one of the better coaches about, there is obviously a pattern of maybe a trophy, being our bitch, short stays, fallings out and then leaving.