Quantcast
Vaccine - Hands In The Bucket... - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Vaccine - Hands In The Bucket...

Recommended Posts

Really hope I get this before the Brazilian variant gets here and starts taking down us youngsters. Genuinely surprised I haven't been called yet despite having high blood pressure a BMI which has seen me reclassified at least twice now as a planetoid by Jodrell Bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Just crept into the 45 - 50 bracket that they announced earlier are now getting appointments so booked in on Monday and second one in July.

 

Hopefully I don't get a clotty one.

Same.

 

Got first one tomorrow and second one on 3rd July.

 

Saw story on bbc site that it was being offered to 45-50 and then went on link they posted and booked.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, an tha said:

Same.

 

Got first one tomorrow and second one on 3rd July.

 

Saw story on bbc site that it was being offered to 45-50 and then went on link they posted and booked.

 

 

Yeah, that's exactly what I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked in today for 2 May and 11 weeks later.

 

Bit of a mess, finding corresponding times and places for where I live, but I nabbed a first local and second more distant. 

 

For those with experience: are you permitted to drink before, during, and after? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I did.

Like you hoping it isn't the one with clot problems....odds on it will be as they are not going to give it to under 30's are they so suppose they will use the stocks of it up on us lot and keep others to give the younger groups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, an tha said:

Like you hoping it isn't the one with clot problems....odds on it will be as they are not going to give it to under 30's are they so suppose they will use the stocks of it up on us lot and keep others to give the younger groups.

You know which vaccine you're receiving by the distance between doses: about 3 weeks for Pfizer; 4 for Moderna; 11 for AZ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m due to have the AstraZeneca  tomorrow. I’m worried and undecided.

Why? Because there's a remote chance of serious side effects? Or because it's the least effective vaccine globally apart from the Chinese crap? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Why? Because there's a remote chance of serious side effects? Or because it's the least effective vaccine globally apart from the Chinese crap? 

Serious side effects, mostly. I’ve suffered from severe anxiety and panic since I gave up drinking, so I know I will be constantly worrying about delveloping a blood clot. That it seems to be the least effective vaccine available in this country, doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

When you get the jab, do you need to ask what type it is or do they tell you ? 

Got mine booked for tomorrow.

They told me. I'd be amazed if it wasn't AstraZeneca though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Serious side effects, mostly. I’ve suffered from severe anxiety and panic since I gave up drinking, so I know I will be constantly worrying about delveloping a blood clot. That it seems to be the least effective vaccine available in this country, doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

Focus on the sexy nurses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they're suspending the use of the J&J vaccine because 6 people out of a near 7m recipients got blood clots.

Statistically more likely to get a blood clot with the oral contraceptive pill.

 

Obviously it's terrible for the people that got the clots (1 died), but suspending the vaccine and putting tens of thousands at risk for a literal 1 in a million chance seems mental to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lario said:

So they're suspending the use of the J&J vaccine because 6 people out of a near 7m recipients got blood clots.

Statistically more likely to get a blood clot with the oral contraceptive pill.

 

Obviously it's terrible for the people that got the clots (1 died), but suspending the vaccine and putting tens of thousands at risk for a literal 1 in a million chance seems mental to me.

Yeah not getting this at all. 

 

In Ireland they have now suspended the AZ for people under 60, but if you have already had your first jab and have a chronic condition and are under 60 (all in my case) then it's ok to have the second jab!  I'm going to have it when I'm due it in June but all this chopping and changing is a bit unsettling. The logic being used here sounds crazy to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My jab centre is a 10 min motorway drive away. Will I be fine driving home or best to be driven ? 

 

From what I can see if I don't collapse in the first 15 mins I should be fine to get home myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

My jab centre is a 10 min motorway drive away. Will I be fine driving home or best to be driven ? 

 

From what I can see if I don't collapse in the first 15 mins I should be fine to get home myself.

My Mrs drove home further than that with no issues and she is the biggest hypochondriac I know.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no issues whatsoever with whatever jab I’m given.  There’s risks in everything and the benefits out weigh those risks for me. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m due to have the AstraZeneca  tomorrow. I’m worried and undecided.

I was completely okay with it, got my second tomorrow. Actually I did feel ill the next day, but I'll put that down to the drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Serious side effects, mostly. I’ve suffered from severe anxiety and panic since I gave up drinking, so I know I will be constantly worrying about delveloping a blood clot. That it seems to be the least effective vaccine available in this country, doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

Luckily you are too old and too male to be in the higher risk categories. The only issue I have had with AZ is finding myself studying spiders intensely as they spin webs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Luckily you are too old and too male to be in the higher risk categories. The only issue I have had with AZ is finding myself studying spiders intensely as they spin webs.

I had AstraZeneca at about 11:30am. I feel pretty shitty.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

My jab centre is a 10 min motorway drive away. Will I be fine driving home or best to be driven ? 

 

From what I can see if I don't collapse in the first 15 mins I should be fine to get home myself.


I rode a bike for about 15k straight from it and was fine.

 

Its was couple of hours where I started to feel odd, then the shitfest...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the dumbest things about the pandemic, among many things, is people sticking up or shitting on certain vaccines. If there are safety concerns, you let the authorities do their jobs and check things out, otherwise you get the one you're offered. This "I'll get Pfizer, not AZ or J&J" thing is beyond stupid, as if the layman has any cursory idea what the actual difference is between vaccines. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×