You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

The next five games are crucial. 

Looking like Spurs will be our main rivals. We beat them and it gives us wriggle room. Then onto Palace. Always a nasty away game and at this time of the year evem more so. I'd be happy enough with four points, no injuries and two good performances.

Then West Brom. You see them tonight and how unlucky they were at Old Trafford. Nothing is easy but should be three points.

Then two tough away games at Newcastle and Southampton. With the kind of situation we are in, I'd be happy enough with four points from those two games. Southampton are a really good side and I'm not looking forward to that one.

We then have a break of about two weeks in the league until the Mancs. A nice break but there are some nasty looking games in the weeks after that game. Looking forward to lads coming back from injury and maybe our rivals getting some heartache in that regard would be nice. 

We need to leave the FA cup again unfortunately. I'd love a cup run but unless we bring in two or three good quality players, it's going to massively impact us trying to win the league and the champions league. Let the likes of Kev and Rhys Williams get game time and you never know, we might get through.

A fully fit squad and we'd have walked the league by April. Fuck even with the injuries not getting fucked over by VAR and we would be 6pts clear with the chance to go 9pts tomorrow. 

How the fuck they didn't give the lush on Salah in the build up to the Fulham goal goes down with the Everton and Brighton fuck ups this season. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

A fully fit squad and we'd have walked the league by April. Fuck even with the injuries not getting fucked over by VAR and we would be 6pts clear with the chance to go 9pts tomorrow. 

How the fuck they didn't give the lush on Salah in the build up to the Fulham goal goes down with the Everton and Brighton fuck ups this season. 

Earlier I reckon. Last year's team would have been 9 points clear by now, and it stll blows my mind that we'd accumulated 79 points with 11 games to spare. I reckon 79 points might just be enough to clinch it this year.

Edit: Funnily enough Spurs and ourselves are on track for 79.17 points if we maintain our current PPG.

4 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

I reckon 79 points might just be enough to clinch it this year.

Could be right and it will be us who wins it. That though will come with claims from the shite that the low tally shows this season means nothing, should have been cancelled, we won it because of sky/bt, no fans blah blah fuckin blah.

10 hours ago, Aventus said:

Should get a ban for that, surely you aren't allowed to be touching and interfering with an official. 

What a bellend. How long was added on by the way?

Your playing a side almost certain to get relegated with the most expensively assembled side ever, you can't complain that an extra couple of minutes are missing when you've already had 94+ to get the job done.

Desperation stuff.

8 hours ago, Stickman said:

Funny how when a certain side were pissing the league it was because the league was shite and was the worst since football was created.

Now it is at the moment genuinely shite the media and rival fans think it's great .

The media will be loving this, particularly Sky, BT and Amazon to a lesser extent.

This pandemic, no fans at games, injuries and matches every couple of days is levelling the playing field,  the Premier League do not want one or two teams running away with it every year as it makes it less interesting if 18 teams are making up the numbers. Due to all matches being shown on TV it benefits the broadcasters if fixtures are unpredictable and the race for the title isn't over by Christmas. Chuck in the ridiculous VAR decisions and it's almost like someone has plotted out a story arc for the season.

It doesn’t just benefit broadcasters, it benefits everybody.  I can’t believe people are complaining about unpredictable games.  This is what football used to be like and what made it great.  It’s like people have got Stockholm syndrome and want the top teams to just win the vast majority of games because that’s what needs to happen for it to be top quality.

15 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It doesn’t just benefit broadcasters, it benefits everybody.  I can’t believe people are complaining about unpredictable games.  This is what football used to be like and what made it great.  It’s like people have got Stockholm syndrome and want the top teams to just win the vast majority of games because that’s what needs to happen for it to be top quality.

No mate, they just want us not to be afflicted by an unprecedented amount of injuries, and have ridiculous VAR decisions ruining the sport.

Talk of Bilic being sacked today and Fat Sam being brought in at West Brom. Arl-arse on Bilic who was given fuck all to work with. Sad indictment of football today, not just that Bilic is getting the boot but that Fat Sam is still deemed worthy of a fucking job in the PL 

If fat head Allardyce gets the West Brom gig I hope they get relegated without securing another point for the rest of the season. How the fuck can you justify sacking a guy who got you automatic promotion and to rub salt into his wounds for that fat pile of dinosaur shit ?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

If fat head Allardyce gets the West Brom gig I hope they get relegated without securing another point for the rest of the season. How the fuck can you justify sacking a guy who got you automatic promotion and to rub salt into his wounds for that fat pile of dinosaur shit ?

Fat Sam if you want to stay up.

Straight back down if you appoint any of the other serial losers mentioned.