Quantcast
Favourite non-Premier League team - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WhiskeyJar

Favourite non-Premier League team

Watching Spurs Vs Everton and I've just realised that other than Liverpool, I really don't follow any other team outside the Premier League. I have family that are fans of Spurs and Arsenal but nothing outside the Premier League. Does anyone have a favourite team outside the Premier League? 

Not really.

I like Dortmund, even before the Klopp link. I don't mind Inter Milan either, they were the team I was drawn to back in the late 90's when Channel 4 showed Serie A on Sunday afternoons.

Huddersfield Town. Partly because of Bill Shankly, partly because they’re not far from me and partly because their supporters despise Leeds. This affection is only applied when they’re not in the Premier League though. Found myself going right off them the two years they were there.

Outside the UK - Inter Milan. 

23 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Huddersfield Town. Partly because of Bill Shankly, partly because they’re not far from me and partly because their supporters despise Leeds. This affection is only applied when they’re not in the Premier League though. Found myself going right off them the two years they were there.

Had a nice wee bevvie with some of the natives in that gasworks club halfway between the ground and the town.

• Upvote 1

I quite like the two Borussias, Dortmund and Gladbach. It would be great if we were in the same CL group as Gladbach next season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

My Nan used to work for Berwick toys in Wallasey, so I always used to follow Berwick Rangers, or at least their results. 

I've played for their U'18s. Claim to fame that.

• Upvote 1

I know they're a twat of a club, but I've had some great times watching Barcelona, been to Camp Nou a few times over the years. It's enjoyable going to a footy stadium and not giving that much of a shit about the result, instead of being a hysterical fanny like I am at Anfield. Always helps if you get to watch Messi in full flow as well.

Actually saw them lose 2-0 at home to Hercules CF years ago, it was fucking excellent.

My son said recently that "Liverpool are my football club, Waterford are my hurling club and Ireland are my rugby club".

I'll soon cure him of that rugby nonsense.

I used to attend Celtic games on occasion and had their kits as a kid.

I like Whitby Town, as a result of holidaying there.

I have favourite teams in some European leagues, but never watch their games and don’t always check their results.

Italy - Sampdoria 

Germany - Borussia Monchengladbach 

Spain - Real Sociedad

As a kid I loved Milan because of Baresi and van Basten, I got a knock off van Basten kit as a 10 year old on holiday and would never take it off. Still have a soft spot for them now. 

Always followed Cork City’s results. 

Hull are my hometown club so I look out for their results, although I wouldn't call them a 'favourite'.

Otherwise, I keep an eye out for Hammarby's results in the Allsvenskan and I'm determined to go back to Stockholm and see a game.

On 06/07/2020 at 22:37, Trumo said:

I quite like the two Borussias, Dortmund and Gladbach. It would be great if we were in the same CL group as Gladbach next season.

Yeah, I have a soft spot for Borussia Mönchengladbach due to the friendship between fans after the 77 final in Rome. If a fan of theirs notices you are a Liverpool fan you end up chatting for a while, they love us. Same with Dortmund fans. I obviously like Arminia Bielefeld my local team but not a fan as such, just get a match in now and again for my live football fix. I also keep an eye out for a local team I played for in the Landesliga in the 90's, TUS Jollenbeck. Loads of other teams that I keep an eye out for the score, but purely down to being a fan of the sport and mainly based on whether I had a good time visiting the City. 

Macclesfield Town, as they are my home town team. Sadly I don't think they'll be in existence much longer, unless things change dramatically.