You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

17 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Came home to find my Vespa stolen from the station car park. This is the 3rd time I have had something nicked from a station park, a bike, a car and now this. Really pissed off. 

Hahaha, you ride a fucking scooter.

15 years seem very lenient.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-68139396

A builder who bludgeoned his client to death with a hammer in a row over her new extension has been jailed for at least 15 years for murder.

Peter Norgrove killed Sharon Gordon at her home on 20 July last year.

Her daughter Rhian Brown said Norgrove acted like a "wolf in sheep's clothing" after earning her trust at the church they attended in Dudley.

Wolverhampton Crown Court heard he led the Jehovah's Witness service the same night he killed Mrs Gordon.

He repeatedly lied to her about the work he was doing, which took 15 months instead of six weeks.

"He didn't have the experience to be doing the work he was doing," Miss Brown said. 

"He took full payment for the extension in advance, which we believe to be more than £30,000."

Mrs Gordon fitted a video doorbell to her home to prove Norgrove had been lying about the times he claimed he was working.

"He drove my Mom mad with stress and anxiety - she noted everything down," said Miss Brown.

"She had notebooks, receipts, everything, because of how bad this man's workmanship was."

'Where is my nanny?'

The court heard Norgrove became furious when quizzed by his client and hit her eight times in the head with a lump hammer.

"The level of violence was horrendous," Miss Brown said. "We couldn't believe what we were hearing.

"'What do you mean she's dead?', I thought. 

"My son was saying, 'Where is my nanny?'. He was due to sleep over there that weekend."

Ms Gordon was found dead by two friends who visited her property a day after the killing, the court heard. 

Norgrove, 43, of Brownswall Rd, Sedgley, claimed to police he had left the property the previous day, but bloodstained items were found in a wheelie bin at a family address and a lump hammer discovered in his mother-in-law's shed.

He sat with his head bowed in the dock as Judge Michael Chambers KC was told that after he had committed the murder, the married father had picked a child up from school and then led a Kingdom Hall service.

'Security net of faith'

Miss Brown said her mother was introduced to Norgrove at the Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in Dudley, but after being recommended to her, it emerged he was a newly-qualified bricklayer.

"This man deceived a lot of people," she said.

"He had the security net of being of this faith and hid who he really was.

"It doesn't matter what community you are in, you can have bad individuals. 

"I use the phrase 'a wolf in sheep's clothing' and that's exactly what he's been able to do."

Mrs Gordon's sister Hilary, who lives in Australia, said in a victim impact statement her death had left "darkness and an indescribable pain".

"It's affected our sense of family, and robbed us of our future," she added.

"Our bond was unique, we have been left with a life sentence of grief."

Jailing him for life with a minimum term of 15 years, Judge Chambers said it was a "brutal and savage murder with a hammer you had deliberately taken into the home".

"You were angry for being criticised for your building work which took many months," he said.

"Afterwards [the murder], you coolly went to school to pick up your daughter and showered and shaved and attended church that evening, where you led a service.

"I'm not satisfied you are truly remorseful.

"No sentence I can impose can put the clock back."

Det Insp Damian Forrest, who led West Midlands Police's investigation, said Mrs Gordon's friends and family had been deeply affected by her death. 

"While Norgrove has now faced the consequences of his appalling actions, our thoughts remain with them as they continue to grieve," he said.

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

"Jailing him for life with a minimum term of 15 years" 

Unreal. I need my extension doing 

Minimum terms are fixed in law. It's only > 15 years in specific circumstances mainly relating to if you use a knife (25 years) or a gun (30 years) or kill more than 2 people (whole life). Killing a single adult with a hammer during a row was never going to get a much longer minimum term.

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Minimum terms are fixed in law. It's only > 15 years in specific circumstances mainly relating to if you use a knife (25 years) or a gun (30 years) or kill more than 2 people (whole life). Killing a single adult with a hammer during a row was never going to get a much longer minimum term.

You’d know more about that than me mate. 

Suspect named in south London alkali attack - BBC News

Police are hunting a man with "significant" injuries to the right side of his face in connection with an alkali attack in south London.

Abdul Shakoor Ezedi, 35, was last seen in Caledonian Road, north London, and police have warned the public not to approach him. Mr Ezedi travelled to London from the Newcastle area, police said.

A mother and daughter hurt by the corrosive substance could have suffered "life-changing" injuries in the attack. The 31-year-old and her daughter, three, remain in hospital, along with her older daughter, eight.

The suspect fled the scene on Wednesday evening. He attempted to escape in a car but crashed into a stationary vehicle, then ran. Police believe Mr Ezedi is known to the family.

They need to arrest his barber too

_132522441_suspectpic.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

We seem to be living in a age when,when a crime is committed,ayslum seekers or immigrants get the blame,before we actually know who is responsible  

It fits the 'narrative.' If it was reported that the vast amount of asylum seekers just get on with things then it wouldn't be news.

• Upvote 1