You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

30 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Imagine knowing what you know about Johnson, seeing him for what he is, understanding what he is and then going on the media rounds and prostrating yourself for him knowing that’ll he’ll most likely throw you under a bus to save his neck next time he’s in a spot of bother.

Consider knowing that there’s more to come and today’s ‘truth’ is tomorrows lie and you’ll look foolish for a man who probably couldn’t pick you out of a line up, let alone remember your name.

Imagine being that supine, servile and that much of a toady lickspittle that you’ll listen to his breathless pillow talk and think that it’s just you he’s whispering these things to you ear and not any other Tom, Dick or Harry that might be a useful idiot somewhere down the line.

They, and him, are truly a nadir in British politics and will be looked back on in years to come with a good ol' stare into the middle ground, a gentle shake of the end and the understanding that for a time the country lost its collective shit and looked to a lying, narcissistic chancer who is bereft of morality or intellect as a ‘leader’ and ‘we’ indulged it at the expense of, and to the long term detriment of, our country, shameful stage in our history.

Good for the lolz though is Bozza, so there’s always that I s’pose…

You have much more faith in the electorate than I do!

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, I have no doubt they'll keep voting Tory, but these aren't Tories, they're libertarians with blue ties.

I think assigning them any political or social beliefs is being kind, they're just self serving people, I think it's that simple. They're about power, status and money for its own sake. Absolutely nothing else comes into the equation.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think assigning them any political or social beliefs is being kind, they're just self serving people, I think it's that simple. They're about power, status and money for its own sake. Absolutely nothing else comes into the equation.

I believe the collective noun is 'cunts'.

• Upvote 1

Minister Simon Hart on Sky news this morning; Where did they find em?

Kay Burley;

The prime minister has overseen fifty criminal offences,

Simon Hart; 

Really? You know more about this than me.

Burley; Yes really, fifty.

Simon Hart; I don't know where you've got them figures from.

Burley; The police.

So, it’s just rancid hyperbolic nonsense to rouse the brain dead rabble then, you fat, useless cretin? 

Johnson says under the new plan anyone arriving in the UK illegally could be relocated in Rwanda.

He says this plan is driven by humanitarian considerations, and made possible by Brexit freedoms.

This will disrupt the business model for people smugglers, he says.

The policy is uncapped, he says. Rwanda has the capacity to take tens of thousands of people over the years ahead.

He says the government expects this plan to face legal challenge, and so it won’t be introduced overnight.’

7 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

The biggest problem with UnPritis racist laws is that they weren't in force before her parents arrived. Rancid cow.

Her parents were economic migrants and so I think she should do the honourable thing and move to Rwanda. In the spirit of the deal she's trying to make with the Rwanda that is.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Outstanding

Reminds me of that time David Cameron was on Andrew Marr on a Sunday morning - Marr finished the show by introducing a song by Squeeze.  Cameron sat there watching as Squeeze went into the final verse, having found out that Cameron was on, and changed the lyrics.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Reminds me of that time David Cameron was on Andrew Marr on a Sunday morning - Marr finished the show by introducing a song by Squeeze.  Cameron sat there watching as Squeeze went into the final verse, having found out that Cameron was on, and changed the lyrics.

Brilliant. @Tj hooker one for you this 

• Upvote 1

If the Rwanda story appeared on April 1st no one would believe it, if it was Belarus shipping gays to Rwanda you might think they're capable of that. It will say a lot about GB if this government are allowed to implement this and then get re-elected. I would be against Putin dropping a couple of nukes at that stage.

The details of this being reported in the Guardian live feed are crazy. It won’t apply to unaccompanied children and families with children. But, will apply to single males and females.

And, the suggestion is that they won’t be going to Rwanda to have a UK asylum claim processed. They will be sent to Rwanda and told to claim asylum in Rwanda. We’re effectively ripping up our obligations to a huge demographic of people who are offered protection under the 1951 Refugee Convention. 

There appears to be no cost benefit to this. Plus, who’ll be deciding these asylum claims in Rwanda? And to what standards? Then there’s the effects it will have on jobs in the UK civil service and legal sector. You’d imagine that jobs will disappear overnight if the number of asylum seekers who need to be interviewed, processed and then legally represented decreases drastically and rapidly. 

It’s madness. I can’t see it coming to fruition. It’s nothing about the claimed humanity of stopping people smuggling. It pongs of a call to racist, bigoted xenophobes in the build up to an election. The deterrent effect of it is clear though. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was being mooted to get the numbers of asylum claimants down over the next year or so, just based on the suggestion of it happening. Then, if they get in in the next election, the mere suggestion of it being enacted would have served it’s purpose and it’ll be abandoned. 

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

The details of this being reported in the Guardian live feed are crazy. It won’t apply to unaccompanied children and families with children. But, will apply to single males and females.

And, the suggestion is that they won’t be going to Rwanda to have a UK asylum claim processed. They will be sent to Rwanda and told to claim asylum in Rwanda. We’re effectively ripping up our obligations to a huge demographic of people who are offered protection under the 1951 Refugee Convention. 

There appears to be no cost benefit to this. Plus, who’ll be deciding these asylum claims in Rwanda? And to what standards? Then there’s the effects it will have on jobs in the UK civil service and legal sector. You’d imagine that jobs will disappear overnight if the number of asylum seekers who need to be interviewed, processed and then legally represented decreases drastically and rapidly. 

It’s madness. I can’t see it coming to fruition. It’s nothing about the claimed humanity of stopping people smuggling. It pongs of a call to racist, bigoted xenophobes in the build up to an election. The deterrent effect of it is clear though. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was being mooted to get the numbers of asylum claimants down over the next year or so, just based on the suggestion of it happening. Then, if they get in in the next election, the mere suggestion of it being enacted would have served it’s purpose and it’ll be abandoned. 

So in short, tory cunts come up with something outrageously racist to appeal to certain element of the electorate, win election and then drop it? 

It's a bit of policy red meat to chuck into the news sphere to support the ''getting on with running the country" bit of the "stop going on about the PM's lawlessness and lack of moral authority and let us get on with running the country" line of defence that's being rolled out on all fronts for the bellend in chief. I can almost imagine the meeting where the fat bag of fucking ham demanded any kind of announcement he could chuck out there to make it look like they're "getting on with the job."

Operation Save Big Dog indeed.

If this doesn't work they'll buy some of those forest fire-fighting aircraft where you can open the bottom bay doors and the water comes out en masse. Just load those refugees in, fly them out over the Atlantic, and bomb's away!