Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 261 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Great day for us. Haven’t really been following other teams’ business over the last while, does anyone know did Man United end up getting Sancho?

FB_IMG_1600451279039.jpg

Bo, but the transfer gimps on sky keep allocating 10 minutes per day to talk about it.

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Make that 8

The Bundesliga will be even less competitive this year I reckon, which might leave Bayern open to being caught cold in Europe in the spring. 

Still the only team that can get anywhere near holdIng a candle to us, though.

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The Bundesliga will be even less competitive this year I reckon, which might leave Bayern open to being caught cold in Europe in the spring. 

Still the only team that can get anywhere near holdIng a candle to us, though.

Them, City and Us

Though we may really need to be on it early as there's a big chance of a bastard of a draw this year. 

Pot 2: Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Dortmund, Shakhtar, Ajax*
Pot 3: RB Leipzig, Inter Milan, Lazio, Atalanta
Pot 4: Stade Rennais, Istanbul Basaksehir

TBD: Lokomotiv Moscow, Marseille, Club Brugge, Borussia Monchengladbach

Caught the last half an hour of the Lyon game. Jason Denayer is one cool as fuck centre half. Dreadlocks, black boots and fucking composed. 

Pearce: "Key to getting the deal done was Wolves’ willingness to be flexible on payment terms. They have accepted less than 10% of the guaranteed figure in the next 12 months. Most of that offset by initial payment from Wolves for Hoever."

Paying fuck all for him this season then, we'll pay as the Nike money starts coming in. 

We must be holding a fire sale in the next few weeks. Wilson, shaq, grujic must surely be out the door now, even if they have a similar deal where we don't take much money up front and get it in next year.

1 minute ago, niallers said:

We must be holding a fire sale in the next few weeks. Wilson, shaq, grujic must surely be out the door now, even if they have a similar deal where we don't take much money up front and get it in next year.

Yeah Karius as well.

10 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Pearce: "Key to getting the deal done was Wolves’ willingness to be flexible on payment terms. They have accepted less than 10% of the guaranteed figure in the next 12 months. Most of that offset by initial payment from Wolves for Hoever."

Paying fuck all for him this season then, we'll pay as the Nike money starts coming in. 

That's brilliant. What a fucking negotiator we have in Edwards.

18 minutes ago, J-V said:

Not far off Werner's fee, obvious wage difference though.  I hope he's good.

12 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Holy shit, 41m for Jota?!

Hoever moving the other way - with a sell on. That is some Chelsea/Abramovic moneyballin right there.

17 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Or , if he is not up to it - sell him on for cash on the barrel.

8 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

That's brilliant. What a fucking negotiator we have in Edwards.

Does make you wonder why. Is it prudent accounting in the age of coronavirus, or are we planning a sale? Or am I reading too much into things?

A lot of money but I think Klopp will develop him and he will improve, I like the way he is willing to shoot from a lot of different angles.

Think we will start shifting a lot of players now and the fringe players must realise there's no future here with these signings. 

Always liked Hoever from the little I've seen of him but maybe it is good for him to move and play regularly. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Always liked Hoever from the little I've seen of him but maybe it is good for him to move and play regularly. 

Yeah same. He looked more polished than Neco. £13.5m for someone who has never started a PL game for us an unlikely to ever be a regular starter for us (because of Trent) is good business.