You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

A couple of predictions from me.

1. Brexit won't happen. The country won't be able to afford it.

2. Johnson won't be PM once the crisis comes to an end. The fallout from the government's handling of this crisis will make his position untenable.

I think it makes it more likely to happen, although they may extend the period we're in now. It'll all be "we survived the coronavirus, we can survive anything". The most of the people who support Brexit are fucking idiots. This will change nothing for them. 

As for Johnson, he'll deflect to the scientists, the fact it was a global issue (Spain and Italy on our doorstep will help) and if he has to he'll throw Dominic Cummings under the bus. 

44 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

From Guardian :

Standard definition.

STANDARD FUCKING DEFINITION. Get that horrible, evil bastard sacked. Get him out of there! The EU has doomed itself to oblivion for all eternity. Evil fucking fascist, fuzzy and blurry shitty standard definition worshipping scum.

END THE EU.

I was watching something yesterday that was supposed to be 4k, there was no way it was. My broadband had loads of capacity, so either Netflix were strangled because everyone is at home or they've made a choice to reduce quality. 

Paul Brand@PaulBrandITV 15m
NEW: Number 10 says “There are NO plans to close down the transport network in London and there is ZERO prospect of any restriction being placed on travelling in or out of London.” Follows media reports of a London lockdown, which No 10 says are not accurate.

Bonkers given the London cases.

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I was watching something yesterday that was supposed to be 4k, there was no way it was. My broadband had loads of capacity, so either Netflix were strangled because everyone is at home or they've made a choice to reduce quality. 

Yeah can imagine it being hard for them to deal with. I don't think they'd choose to stick at a lower resolution though, would lose a lot of viewers I think which could affect them once this has passed.

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think it makes it more likely to happen, although they may extend the period we're in now. It'll all be "we survived the coronavirus, we can survive anything". The most of the people who support Brexit are fucking idiots. This will change nothing for them. 

As for Johnson, he'll deflect to the scientists, the fact it was a global issue (Spain and Italy on our doorstep will help) and if he has to he'll throw Dominic Cummings under the bus. 

Imagine what's going to happen when all schools are off?

Broadband will be fucked with kids on the consoles/YouTube/Netflix etc.

Just spoke to my mate and he can't make a credit card payment as his bank systems are getting hammered.

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah can imagine it being hard for them to deal with. I don't think they'd choose to stick at a lower resolution though, would lose a lot of viewers I think which could affect them once this has passed.

Yeah and Netflix dynamically scales up and down depending on available bandwidth, so I'm sure without actually scaling back what is directly delivered, I would imagine they're just limiting their outbound bandwidth. That could just as easily be a commercial decision too as I guess they're experiencing unprecedented demand. 

8 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:
NEW: Number 10 says “There are NO plans to close down the transport network in London and there is ZERO prospect of any restriction being placed on travelling in or out of London.” Follows media reports of a London lockdown, which No 10 says are not accurate.

NO plans.

Sounds about right.................

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah and Netflix dynamically scales up and down depending on available bandwidth, so I'm sure without actually scaling back what is directly delivered, I would imagine they're just limiting their outbound bandwidth. That could just as easily be a commercial decision too as I guess they're experiencing unprecedented demand. 

Ah ok, wouldn't be surprised if they make some type of announcement on it soon as it's only going to get worse by the looks of it.

Am glad I've never been a fan of cloud gaming too and that I'm not playing any online games at the moment. Surely a lot of that is going to absolutely tank during this.

The only hope is that in the next few days the measures in Italy will start to reduce the number of cases and deaths. If we send the trend flattening it will give Spain and other countries more hope. London should be in complete lock down now, every day wasted will lead to 100's-1000's of more deaths.

11 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

"The report included no information about whether patients of any age had underlying risk factors, such as a chronic illness or a compromised immune system. So, it is impossible to determine whether the younger patients who were hospitalized were more susceptible to serious infection than most others in their age group."

30 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

What else would they say? There won't be a lock down until there is.

44 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Trump can't blame a virus so he's making it about China instead. He should under the dictionary definition for xenophobic.

He's throwing it back on the cunts as they were blaming the US for it the last week or two.  I had some stupid Mayalasian bitch who thinks She's Chinese spouting the shit in my Office.  It's come from China so Yes it is a Chinese virus.  If the cunts stopped eating exotic animals and caging the things in filthy conditions we wouldn't be in this situation.

36 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Just spoke to my mate and he can't make a credit card payment as his bank systems are getting hammered.

I could well be talking out of my arse because I know very little about modern technology, but why will Broadband be fucked due to kids on consoles/YouTube/Netflix?  Doesn’t happen during the six weeks holiday, so why would it be any different now?

40 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I took quite a bit of cash out last week, just in case. 

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I could well be talking out of my arse because I know very little about modern technology, but why will Broadband be fucked due to kids on consoles/YouTube/Netflix?  Doesn’t happen during the six weeks holiday, so why would it be any different now?

The rest of the world isn't working from home normally.

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The rest of the world isn't working from home normally.

True. Fuck’s sake. I’m climbing the walls if I have to go without the internet for more than about 5 minutes. That said, bar the odd programme on iPlayer and ITV Hub, I don’t stream anything. Freeview or DVDs.