You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Scottish Football Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Pretentious? Moi? 

What you think of me doesn't bite me at all, I'll keep calling out your bigotry. Feel free to find mine and do the same.

Keep it to the one thread. You haven’t reached Strontz levels of lying gobshite  yet. 

• Downvote 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/02/2022 at 02:29, Bjornebye said:

Haha shut up dickhead 

You infect this place with your closet tory shite and the only reason you pick a fight with me is because you know that I know what you are. 

Edit: Ah forget it.

• 2 months later...

The guardian telling some home truths:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/07/celtic-scottish-premiership-title-champions-hearts-match-report

“The fans are amazing, they go everywhere with us,” the veteran Celtic goalkeeper Joe Hart said. “It’s even sweeter to come to a stadium where they’ve tried to have as few in as possible.”

Given the archaic songbook again aired by that group at Tynecastle, Hearts’ board of directors will shrug their shoulders. Celtic have a team of such prowess that it remains baffling their followers waste so much of their time belting out verse in celebration of the IRA. They should try stepping into 2023.”

7 hours ago, Kevin D said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/07/celtic-scottish-premiership-title-champions-hearts-match-report

“The fans are amazing, they go everywhere with us,” the veteran Celtic goalkeeper Joe Hart said. “It’s even sweeter to come to a stadium where they’ve tried to have as few in as possible.”

Given the archaic songbook again aired by that group at Tynecastle, Hearts’ board of directors will shrug their shoulders. Celtic have a team of such prowess that it remains baffling their followers waste so much of their time belting out verse in celebration of the IRA. They should try stepping into 2023.”

I stayed next to the away pub at Tyncastle for three years and the Celtic support were the only ones they had to shut the local Tesco for, they were absolutely fucking murder. Made Rangers and Hibs look like a bunch of prefects.

You wouldn't know they won the league yesterday. Anywhere else in Europe and there would be celebration at winning a title but not around here. It’s been fucking dead. The whole league is just a massive waste of time and space and winning is pretty worthless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Fugitive said:

You wouldn't know they won the league yesterday. Anywhere else in Europe and there would be celebration at winning a title but not around here. It’s been fucking dead. The whole league is just a massive waste of time and space and winning is pretty worthless.

Coming soon to a league near you.

19 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Coming soon to a league near you.

It’s looking that way.

The same club has won 11 out of the last 12 league titles and it’s nearly 40 years since a team that is not Celtic it Rangers won the league. It’s all a bit hollow and pointless.

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

4 hours ago, Mook said:

I stayed next to the away pub at Tyncastle for three years and the Celtic support were the only ones they had to shut the local Tesco for, they were absolutely fucking murder. Made Rangers and Hibs look like a bunch of prefects.

I remember them Celtic fans smashing Manchester to pieces...... 

12 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Anything about r*ngers fans belting out being up to their knees in fenian blood? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was in town and it was just another normal day. There was atmosphere at all.

It’s all a bit pointless and hollow. You’d be embarrassed celebrating at this point.

Scottish football is a shambles and should be set of fire and thrown in the bin. Nothing but a vehicle for hatred.

17 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I was in town and it was just another normal day. There was atmosphere at all.

It’s all a bit pointless and hollow. You’d be embarrassed celebrating at this point.

Scottish football is a shambles and should be set of fire and thrown in the bin. Nothing but a vehicle for hatred.

Plenty of pubs in central Glasgow don't allow colours so aside from the fans who went to the match/parkhead I suspect many went to pubs they could wear their colours in. The Gallowgate will have been bouncing.