Quantcast
Arsenal (H) 24/8/19 Premier League - Page 14 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Arsenal (H) 24/8/19 Premier League

Good performance and pretty fair scoreline. Arsenal were clueless. Can't believe the extent of their plan was to hit it long to Pepe and Aubameyang. 

Decent win, that. 

Salah and Firmino were both excellent. 

What's this new commentary narrative though about "conceding chances"?? 

Of course we'll concede chances with our full backs playing like wingers. And when the opposition have a £60m odd signing and last seasons joint golden boot winner in their forward line. 

It's been mentioned in every game we've played now. I don't expect us to dominate for 90 minutes and not let the opposition have an attempt at goal. 

It just seems weird that commentators have started mentioning it this season. Is it because we were that good defensively last season? 

Only team with 100% record so far. I might watch MOTD for the first time in ages tonight to see the melts broken hearts due to today's results. It has been a good weekend so far and I have a load of cider.......result. 

• Upvote 2

Get through Burnley next week with a win before international break and we're set for the season proper to start. Keep a few from going on international duty if possible and we'll be well set. 

Not sure if this is a piss take of not;

JChesterUnited: This isn't good for Liverpool, they won't admit it, but Arsenal are closing on them. Whilst Manchester City are pulling away from Liverpool. Not at all convincing from the champions of Europe against half of Arsenal's first team, including several new, half integrated players.

Job nicely done that - just felt like a better team putting its opposition away with little fuss and as expected.

A lot like they used to do to us back when they were clearly better than us....just never felt there was going to be any other result, and there were extra gears if needed.

Says a lot about how far we have come.

17 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Well we’re fucking boss. That second goal from Salah was absolutely breathtaking, 100% makes it into our all time 11. 35 more to go, well in boys.

What is your all-time eleven?

David Luiz, I reckon my dog could defend better than that joker. What on earth possessed Emre to pay 9 million for the useless twat. Arsenal will concede plenty with him and that Sokratis at the back. 

• Upvote 1