You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The thread for when you can't find the right thread

Remmie

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Tatanka looks like Chris Packham dressed as Tatanka on his day off.

tatanka.jpg

One of my favourite wrestlers when I was a kid him. I had the Bashed in the USA video with the big Battle Royal and he wins it. Yyeyeyeyeyeyeyeye yee yee yee

20 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Why is it, for example, "Italian-American", with heritage / descent first and birth nationality second, but in Britain we put the nationality first, like "British-Asian".

Which standard do other countries follow?

Because they want to be from somewhere else as the feel the US doesn't have enough history? It does of course but remembering the First Nation tribes is not high on the establishment's list.

22 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Why is it, for example, "Italian-American", with heritage / descent first and birth nationality second, but in Britain we put the nationality first, like "British-Asian".

Which standard do other countries follow?

It's because America's fucking shit and Britannia rules the waves.

Why is it that when I reply to something the post I'm replying too gets highlighted in blue and won't let me finish my post like in the actors for only one roll thread , also the boxing thread where I can't post a photo with the same thing happening? That particular thread becomes unresponsive. 

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Why is it that when I reply to something the post I'm replying too gets highlighted in blue and won't let me finish my post like in the actors for only one roll thread , also the boxing thread where I can't post a photo with the same thing happening? That particular thread becomes unresponsive. 

I get that from time to time on my phone when using Opera, Chrome seems OK though. Which browser are you using?

Didn't know where to put this, I thought there might be a 'Weird shit that happens' thread but oh well.

I'm browsing Facebook and on one of the movie pages I follow there was some trivia about Predator and it mentioned director John McTiernan and I knew he also directed Die Hard and it got me to wondering what else he did and also if still alive.

So I head over to IMDB and he's still alive but not made a film for a while, anyway Predator was his second film,  the first being a film called Nomads starring Pierce Brosnan and Adam Ant which I have never heard of.

Missus goes to bed so I grab the remote and have flick through the channels to see what's on and scroll to a channel called Legend and starting at 11pm is Nomads directed by John McTiernan and starring Pierce Brosnan and Adam Ant which until 5 minutes before I had never heard of.

Mad when stuff like that happens.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Didn't know where to put this, I thought there might be a 'Weird shit that happens' thread but oh well.

I'm browsing Facebook and on one of the movie pages I follow there was some trivia about Predator and it mentioned director John McTiernan and I knew he also directed Die Hard and it got me to wondering what else he did and also if still alive.

So I head over to IMDB and he's still alive but not made a film for a while, anyway Predator was his second film,  the first being a film called Nomads starring Pierce Brosnan and Adam Ant which I have never heard of.

Missus goes to bed so I grab the remote and have flick through the channels to see what's on and scroll to a channel called Legend and starting at 11pm is Nomads directed by John McTiernan and starring Pierce Brosnan and Adam Ant which until 5 minutes before I had never heard of.

Mad when stuff like that happens.

Online advertising really is reaching telekinetic levels nowadays.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

What the fuck? I cant identify who those on the left are but their Spitting Image puppets look nothing like them.

Before plastic surgery and after pictures of the Bogdanoff brothers...

Igor Youriévitch Bogdanoff (French pronunciation: [iɡɔʁ juʁi.evitʃ bɔɡdanɔf]; 29 August 1949 – 3 January 2022) and Grégoire "Grichka" Youriévitch Bogdanoff (French: [ɡʁeɡwaʁ ɡʁiʃka]; 29 August 1949 – 28 December 2021) were French twin television presenters,[1] producers, and essayists who, from the 1970s on, presented various subjects in science fiction, popular science, and cosmology. They were involved in a number of controversies, most notably the Bogdanov affair, in which the brothers were alleged to have written nonsensical advanced physics papers that were nonetheless published in reputable scientific journals.

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Before plastic surgery and after pictures of the Bogdanoff brothers...

Igor Youriévitch Bogdanoff (French pronunciation: [iɡɔʁ juʁi.evitʃ bɔɡdanɔf]; 29 August 1949 – 3 January 2022) and Grégoire "Grichka" Youriévitch Bogdanoff (French: [ɡʁeɡwaʁ ɡʁiʃka]; 29 August 1949 – 28 December 2021) were French twin television presenters,[1] producers, and essayists who, from the 1970s on, presented various subjects in science fiction, popular science, and cosmology. They were involved in a number of controversies, most notably the Bogdanov affair, in which the brothers were alleged to have written nonsensical advanced physics papers that were nonetheless published in reputable scientific journals.

How did they die? Botox explosions!

On 30/01/2023 at 17:39, easytoslip said:

Chrome , just happened again when quoting .Samsung browser 19 it is

Yea I get the same on my Galaxy s21. When I use Firefox browser on the phone it doesn't happen. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Posting GIFs on here from your phone, how do you do it?

Press and hold on the gif then select 'open image'. When the new window opens, copy the link, then paste it into the box in the bottom right of the post editor that says 'other media' (insert image from url). That's how I do it on my phone anyway.

• Upvote 1