You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft by Age Range

Bjornebye

Sorry to be a pain but this doesn't make sense, I don't think:

"Under 21 must have been born after 20th September 1997"

This would mean the player has to be "under 21", not "21 and under" as stated in the criteria at the top, isn't that right?

If the intention is for the players to be "21 and under", then it should read "born after 20th September 1996", I think?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Sorry to be a pain but this doesn't make sense, I don't think:

"Under 21 must have been born after 20th September 1997"

This would mean the player has to be "under 21", not "21 and under" as stated in the criteria at the top, isn't that right?

If the intention is for the players to be "21 and under", then it should read "born after 20th September 1996", I think?

No mate you are right. Everyone pay attention to Dim Sum because I can't fucking count. I was trying to do 3 things at once. Neg away. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

It says two different things in the selection thread, tha was my point. If we're ruling out players who are currently 21, it's going to be ridiculous. 27 players selected who are 20 and younger? I probably couldn't even name 27 players in world football at that age.

Yep, it's going to be tough.

But too late now.

The rules gave the dates, so that's what we have gone by so far.

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

It says two different things in the selection thread, tha was my point. If we're ruling out players who are currently 21, it's going to be ridiculous. 27 players selected who are 20 and younger? I probably couldn't even name 27 players in world football at that age.

I agree with this, for what it's worth.

Maybe LFD could just retake his pick now, before I pick? There's only been TAA picked since his pick, so unless he wanted him whomever he wanted is surely still available.

It's crazy to go U20, as DR says there's a very, very small group to pick from and it will get ridiculous.

Just now, LF:D said:

Yep, it's going to be tough.

But too late now.

The rules gave the dates, so that's what we have gone by so far.

Well, I mean, if that's what we're doing that's what we're doing but I'll just say now that I haven't got a clue about players in that range - certainly not 27 of them. I noted down some players at 21 and under and the vast majority of them are 21. It's going to be more than "tough" in my opinion, it's going to be ridiculous... 

The only other option I could think of would be to change the number of players needed from certain categories - say 2 x 20 and under, or 2 x 20 and under and 1 x 21 and under or something like that. Because I'm pretty sure that there aren't 27 players at that age who could be picked without it being daft - like having some Liverpool U23 player playing in midfield with Xavi - even 18 is really pushing it IMO.

4 minutes ago, LF:D said:

OK change the dates, I'll stick with what I have taken (to make it easier).

Clarify the new dates though please.

Cheers, mate. I think I can speak for most of us saying that this is appreciated and will make the draft a lot more fun.

And for what it's worth, I think your pick is still an excellent choice and would have seriously considered Donnarumma as my pick if he weren't gone.

Just now, DimReaper said:

The only other option I could think of would be to change the number of players needed from certain categories - say 2 x 20 and under, or 2 x 20 and under and 1 x 21 and under or something like that. Because I'm pretty sure that there aren't 27 players at that age who could be picked without it being daft - like having some Liverpool U23 player playing in midfield with Xavi - even 18 is really pushing it IMO.

Nah just use your rule. I'll take the negs for LFD keeping his pick. It was my fault. 

Born after 20th september 1996. No more discussion it it or i'll shoot you.