You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PSG(h) Champions League Match thread

LFC 6 Times

Me birds mate works as a steward at the ground and her mate is wetting her knickers as she's been asked to steward the ground when PSG are there tonight to train. Apparently she wants to meet Noomar. Told me bird she's going to have a long wait, if she wants to meet a player called Noomar.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It would be Shaqiri in Firmino's place if he can't make it. I'm the main driver of the #SeasonOfStudge but we can't afford someone who is so immobile against a team like PSG. 

You fucking two faced bastard. I hope he comes on and scores a hat-trick just to piss you well off. 

20 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think Sturridge is unfairly treated sometimes, but surely the hope is that Firmino is fit?

In the event that he isn’t, I’m excited to see Sturridge given the opportunity... especially after his sizzling pre-season form.

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

In the event that he isn’t, I’m excited to see Sturridge given the opportunity... especially after his sizzling pre-season form.

I very much hope he is, our tactical approach that got us to the CL final last season was majorly enhanced by his inclusion in the team. Counterpressing starts with him. Sturridge offers virtually none of that, which is why he doesn't play. I would play Shaqiri ahead of Sturridge, should Firmino not be ready.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Agreed. Against PSG I’d rather have Firmino’s defensive contribution than Sturridge’s superior overall attacking qualities. 

Superior in what way? I mean, one of them plays a vital role in a free scoring attack, the other is Sturridge. Sturridge has lost all his pace, so can no longer be direct. I’d say the only thing he’s better at is shooting from distance. Overall he’s less creative, less of a goal threat, and less effective in an attacking capacity. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Superior in what way? I mean, one of them plays a vital role in a free scoring attack, the other is Sturridge. Sturridge has lost all his pace, so can no longer be direct. I’d say the only thing he’s better at is shooting from distance. Overall he’s less creative, less of a goal threat, and less effective in an attacking capacity. 

Is being fucking shit and a wage thief. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

In 13/14, he was brilliant, one of the best strikers in the leagues. I’m hoping he could get back to that if luck is on his side with injuries. He’s meant to be in his prime now.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

In 13/14, he was brilliant, one of the best strikers in the leagues. I’m hoping he could get back to that if luck is on his side with injuries. He’s meant to be in his prime now.

2013. Huh. We’re in 2018/2019. That’s half a decade, loads of injuries, and a group of players who have been top quality that are ahead of him. Firmino contributed to more goals than any other player in the Champions League other than Ronaldo, who had one more, including being second top scorer in the entire competition. If Sturridge gets his first start for us in the CL, he has a lot to live up to.

Sturridge isn’t capable of sprinting anymore, let alone be part of an aggressive pressing unit. Playing him in the Bobby role tomorrow night would be akin to starting with ten men  

I’d be as happy as anyone to see him get a few goals against the shite teams but if Firmino is out tomorrow the only decision Klopp should be making is which one out of Mane and Salah will be playing down the middle.

• Upvote 1