You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

40 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Fucking cheats , look at this 

Screenshot_20240119-213727_X.jpg

They sold him to Madrid for €17m. This has been how they have circumnavigated the rules "legally " for the last few years. They scour the world signing tonnes of talented kids, any cost associated with their parents moving to Manchester for non football related reasons are off the books, the €17m is pure profit in FFP. They have sold and still retain tonnes of these young lads.

• Upvote 2

On 20/01/2024 at 11:52, TheBitch said:

We need @The Woolster to do us a running points total. I loved those weekly updates he gave us. 

I'm not @The Woolster but we currently have 48 points from 21 games. We are currently on course for 87 points - more if we didn’t get fucked at Spurs. We are playing better than we were earlier in the season and have City at home. 

Chelsea, City, Brighton and Spurs at home. 

Arsenal, Everton, United, West Ham and Villa away. 

To finish with 90 points we need 42 points from the remaining 17 games.

13 wins, 3 draws and a loss. That's tough but possible. I think we will finish on 88. Fuck knows if it will be enough but I'm looking forward to the ride. 

City would need 47 points from 18 games to get to 90 points. 15 wins, 2 draws and a loss. That looks really tough but they've done similar previously. 

BTW, we are currently approximately 80/1 for the quadruple 

• Upvote 3

I’ve just been on Blue Moon. Now I know we can be a bit brutal about these fuckers, particularly when it comes to the financial doping, but every single post over there is dippers and victims, the language, the hate, the animosity towards scousers, mostly reds, is venomous. They literally hate everything about the club and the city. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bossy said:

I’ve just been on Blue Moon. Now I know we can be a bit brutal about these fuckers, particularly when it comes to the financial doping, but every single post over there is dippers and victims, the language, the hate, the animosity towards scousers, mostly reds, is venomous. They literally hate everything about the club and the city. 

Fuck them!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bossy said:

That place is fucking rancid.

11 hours ago, Razoray said:

I'm not @The Woolster but we currently have 48 points from 21 games. We are currently on course for 87 points - more if we didn’t get fucked at Spurs. We are playing better than we were earlier in the season and have City at home. 

Chelsea, City, Brighton and Spurs at home. 

Arsenal, Everton, United, West Ham and Villa away. 

To finish with 90 points we need 42 points from the remaining 17 games.

13 wins, 3 draws and a loss. That's tough but possible. I think we will finish on 88. Fuck knows if it will be enough but I'm looking forward to the ride. 

City would need 47 points from 18 games to get to 90 points. 15 wins, 2 draws and a loss. That looks really tough but they've done similar previously. 

BTW, we are currently approximately 80/1 for the quadruple 

I was thinking earlier in the season we’d had all our most difficult away games out the way, that’s a tough run. 

You can throw in Brentford and Forest into that mix as well - we’re yet to win at Brentford and our league record at Forest has never been good. 

Still, if we’re to win it, these are games we need to dig in, fight and take maximum points. 

12 hours ago, bossy said:

It's the most vile and delusional football forum I've ever been on. It makes Grand Old team look sane, that's how bad it is!

We need @The Woolster to do us a running points total. I loved those weekly updates he gave us. 

I'm thinking about it...

It was pretty pointless in those seasons where us and City were pretty much winning every game, and too depressing to do last season.

It's just finding the time... But I guess it would get me back on the site more often and rather than just in January to sort out the Celebrity Deathlist comp...

• Upvote 7

I'm thinking about it...

It was pretty pointless in those seasons where us and City were pretty much winning every game, and too depressing to do last season.

It's just finding the time... But I guess it would get me back on the site more often and rather than just in January to sort out the Celebrity Deathlist comp...

Probably because before the Sheik they were an irrelevance and no one gave a fuck about them, except when they ocassionally thrashed united.    Bunch of no mark billy big bollocked cowards.  When they were in league one with Macc Town they were fuckin cunts in the town centre.  Awful club & fanbase. 

I think we’ll end up with 90 plus, and I think city are going to win pretty much every game from now. We galvanise them.

If we don’t win it I think the margin will be the 3 points stolen from us at spurs and i don’t know how you even begin to deal with that level of injustice and theft

5 minutes ago, etho said:

I think we’ll end up with 90 plus, and I think city are going to win pretty much every game from now. We galvanise them.

If we don’t win it I think the margin will be the 3 points stolen from us at spurs and i don’t know how you even begin to deal with that level of injustice and theft

Yeah I agree with all that. 

Being honest, they would have a respect and healthy fear of us that they wouldn't of any other club. They know we can win trophies and they know on two occasions, we lost by a point.

I expect them to win nearly all of their games. I think we might be more likely to drop points at somewhere like Fulham, but equally I have this feeling we will beat them.

What we can't do is drop points at Goodison or Old Trafford. We are so superior and need to rise above those rivalries. 

I think it could be won on goal difference, it will be that tight.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Shame they basically let them off if he actually believes this. 

IMG_1702.jpeg

They didn't let them off though, they were just not thorough enough and City's lawyers found a loophole so UEFA couldn't do anything about it. City were never proven innocent despite the attempts by Guardiola and others to get that out there. CAS basically said "yeah you're guilty as fuck but the evidence is over 5 years old and UEFA's own rules mean that can't be used."

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dave u said:

They didn't let them off though, they were just not thorough enough and City's lawyers found a loophole so UEFA couldn't do anything about it. City were never proven innocent despite the attempts by Guardiola and others to get that out there. CAS basically said "yeah you're guilty as fuck but the evidence is over 5 years old and UEFA's own rules mean that can't be used."

How incapable could a team of lawyers actually be to miss a "loophole" like that though? 

You'd expect a YTS trainee to spot that one a mile off