You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom(h)- FA Cup Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Can't say I'm bothered about not being in the FA Cup fifth round but our performance, again, was fucking woeful.The game was brought to the state of farce in the first half but descended to just absolute shite in the second. It became the sort of game this clapped out, old, meaningless trophy deserves.

On to Tuesday.

Meaningless trophy...what a load of shite.

There are a mere 4 trophies we can win in a season...we haven't won one in 12 years and fans call a trophy meaningless.

Ah well maybe the 4th place trophy is all what matters now eh...absolute shite

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Paid due to laziness by 3 or four players in that first half. Moreno should be flogged to within an inch of his life, as should Can, Wij and Matip (although he is normally better). You can't carry so many brain dead lazy fucks and expect to defend against teams starting in midfield. Bobby should have scored that penalty and we probably go in to H/T 2-2. Second half was just huff and puff without any real quality. I fucking hate Pardew, but I actually hate Can and Moreno more. I know Karius isn't great, but I wouldn't let Mingolet anywhere near the sticks, glued to his line the whole game and didn't look that arsed. 

Thank fuck I can't be arsed posting on here anymore unless we have played, the fucking no nothing gobshytes will have a field day after this. Bye. 

Swap the goalkeepers and we win that game.

Not that he was the only one to have a bad game but that just goes to show you how important even one weak link can be. Mignolet shouldn't play for us again, period.

He was shote but not at fault for the goals.

As many have said we need to buy in the next few days, Coutinho does need replacing regardless of what the stats say, Goalkeeper is another must and a decent midfielder use Can as a make weight (as appose to the paper weight he was tonight) if need be he off anyway so shove him out.

Are people on here seriously suggesting they didn't want to win the FA cup anyway?

Fucking hell what a mentality this club has bred.

I miss the days we actually wanted to win things.

Agreed it wasn’t that long ago most of us slagged off Arsenal for celebrating the top 4 trophy now that seems our goal. Modern football can fuck off. Give me some trophies.

Not arsed about the FA cup must deserve a place in the hipster thread.

Absofuckinglutely.

It baffles me how people turn their nose up at the cup.

Some of the best days out i have ever had as a fan have come from travelling to cup finals.

It really is the biggest example of the shitness of modern football - the money men and clubs have managed to brain wash people into thinking it does not matter - a victory for the way money has taken footballs soul away and worst is when the fans go along with it.

• Upvote 1

If we don't win Tuesday, And that's more than likely now, that'll definitely be that. 4 shots on target in the last 2 games and we concede 4 goals! To be honest, I'm almost past caring. Had it turned off on 85. What's the point? We're perpetually let down after being given glimpses of greatness. We just can't ever reach the next rung in the ladder. It's a player quality issue. If the collective doesn't play well, our individuals won't get us to next level. City have them,United have them and chavs have them. We don't, and the closest we did have is sunning himself in Barcelona!

Watched the Matip own goal again, and noticed how close to Mignolet the mishit cross was. It’s almost as he actively backs off to avoid to catch it. Every other keeper in the PL would’ve caught that ball.

Also the second disallowed goal sums him up. He’ll loose that aerial battle against the opponent 10 out of 10 times.

• Upvote 1