You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

What was the actual plan here? Hope someone else bids to do us a favour? We've rightly fucked over the player in this case.

The plan was to buy Oxlaide Chamberlain in a way that didn't cause outrage by making it look like we were also going to buy some other players.
  • Upvote 2

Can anyone name a transfer strategy as badly judged as this one from any other club? It's not just a case of a bad decision made, this was a 2 and a bit month long mental breakdown.

Stop complaining, you hysterical fanny.

The transfer window hasn't closed yet.

The plan was to buy Oxlaide Chamberlain in a way that didn't cause outrage by making it look like we were also going to buy some other players.

I can only assume vvd was told to hang tough here and that there was a strategy in place to make this happen. Then we sit on our hands and hang him out to dry.

If I was him I wouldn't be trusting the club again.

He's had two months to choose another club. He still hasn't, just like Keita never signed for someone else after we ballses that up.

Maybe, he doesn't blame the club, maybe he is prepared to be patient.

Yes and his stance of wanting to join LFC changed to wanting to join a top club to LFC being his first preference over the course of this saga,

I can only speak for myself but if I was van Dijk, I wouldnt be looking to sign for us in January or next summer. I honestly think we've hung him out to dry.

I can only assume vvd was told to hang tough here and that there was a strategy in place to make this happen. Then we sit on our hands and hang him out to dry.

If I was him I wouldn't be trusting the club again.

His club refused to do business with us and went so far as to report us for a commonly used tactic because that's how desperate they were not to sell him. This was outlined 2 months ago, ffs.

We probably shouldn't act like VvD is the victim in all of this when the dumb cunt signed a 6 year deal with no release clause the summer before.

Can anyone name a transfer strategy as badly judged as this one from any other club? It's not just a case of a bad decision made, this was a 2 and a bit month long mental breakdown.

Chelsea look bad right now. We look shameful. Load of bollocks about £175m to spend. Bullshit Mr Han Man.