You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

12 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Juventus. Hahahaha.

What would they offer £50 and a couple of Freddo's. Cheap cunts.

I thought it was ridiculous too but straight away my Dad was on the phone saying Juventus want him! I said I can’t see him wanting to go anywhere.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I saw this reported in the daily wail late last night. The line "A source close to Liverpool told the s*n...." and stopped reading there. No one 'close' to Liverpool would speak to that rag.

I wouldnt be surprised if shaun cuntits is behind this utter piece of shit.

Repped.

Few flaws in that story I think?

Firstly the source, which is probably enough to put it in the waste bin anyway.

Then the fact it’s an Italian club, given the way they do business, usually have the player on loan for a season before offering to pay half the value plus a packet of crisps and a case of Peroni over 5 years.

Then the valuation. £150M. Really? For the best centre back in world football currently?
I doubt the club will even comment.

I saw this guy on Redcafe post a tweet about this guy who got the Rashford injury right before the press reported it say that van Dijk would want to leave this summer. And now this comes out. He's as good as gone. Been a good run. 

Kidding. But I'll be honest, the argument that our top players would want to go somewhere else after we in the league doesn't sound ridiculous to me, and van Dijk hasn't signed the new contract we have offered him yet. That went quiet. So...

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I saw this reported in the daily wail late last night. The line "A source close to Liverpool told the s*n...." and stopped reading there. No one 'close' to Liverpool would speak to that rag.

I wouldnt be surprised if shaun custis is behind this utter piece of shit.

It’s Neil Custis his brother who has been especially vile.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I saw this guy on Redcafe post a tweet about this guy who got the Rashford injury right before the press reported it say that van Dijk would want to leave this summer. And now this comes out. He's as good as gone. Been a good run. 

Kidding. But I'll be honest, the argument that our top players would want to go somewhere else after we in the league doesn't sound ridiculous to me, and van Dijk hasn't signed the new contract we have offered him yet. That went quiet. So...

Signed a contract in September didn’t he.

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Signed a contract in September didn’t he.

Doesn't look like

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/virgil-van-dijk-liverpool-contract-16938671.amp?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15806479917284&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fvirgil-van-dijk-liverpool-contract-16938671

NEWS
IN YOUR AREA
WHAT'S ON
LIVERPOOL FC
EVERTON FC
CELEBS
SPORT
ESSENTIAL LIVERPOOL
SPECIAL FEATURES
Update Cookie SettingsSPORT
Virgil van Dijk speaks out on Liverpool contract speculation and his Anfield future
Reports earlier this month had suggested Liverpool were in talks with Virgil van Dijk regarding a new contract

BY THEO SQUIRES
12:32, 18 SEP 2019UPDATED12:33, 18 SEP 2019

LOWDOWN ON VIRGIL VAN DIJK NEW LIVERPOOL CONTRACT CLAIMS
Virgil van Dijk has dismissed suggestions he is set to sign a new contract extension with Liverpool.

The Netherlands captain became the Reds' record signing when he joined from Southampton in January 2018, signing a five-year contract until 2023 with the option of an additional year.

But despite having four years left on his current deal, recent reports suggested the defender was on the verge of signing fresh terms worth around £200,000 a week at Anfield.

Must-Read Liverpool FC News

Klopp addresses Salah's future

Klopp explains three year problem

Invincibles 'had it harder'

Can's fate and Reds transfer decisions

Liverpool have no imminent plans to open talks with the 28-year-old, with the ECHO reporting earlier this month that Van Dijk has been left bemused by reports linking him to a massive new contract and has not agitated to secure an improved pay packet.

And the Reds' number four, one of the favourites to win the Ballon d'Or , has now spoken out on the speculation, insisting he has not even discussed the possibility of a new deal.

"There is nothing going on, so that's it," he told Sky Sports after Liverpool 's Champions League defeat to Napoli. "That's not on me. I saw some reports in the media that I was agreeing a new deal and stuff.

"But I'm not even discussing anything at the moment. The only thing I want to do right now is focus on the games and we'll see in the future what may happen."

Follow @LivEchonews

MORE ON
Liverpool FCVirgil Van Dijk

NEWS
WHAT'S ON
SPORT
IN YOUR AREA
LIVERPOOL FC
EVERTON FC
CELEBS
BUSINESS
FOLLOW US
© 2020 a Reach plc subsidiary

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well if you always look for pessimistic angles, people might think that. Im not sure you're in tune with a professional footballer's mindset if you think they want to move on after they've won say, 1 league title or, 1 Champions League at a club.

Many average players get 'lucky' and play in a league title side or Champions League winning team. Few get to play in such a side and win 2 or 3. None of van Dijk, Sadio, Mo seem the type to me that wins 1 thens says Im off.