Quantcast
C Palace (A), 5:30pm, 29/10/16 - Mister Lover Lover, Mmm! - Page 16 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Trumo

C Palace (A), 5:30pm, 29/10/16 - Mister Lover Lover, Mmm!

Recommended Posts

Some of these goals we're conceding just make no sense. We give up almost no clear cut chances, yet concede every game without fail. Ridiculous.

Amazing isn't it! We must be conceding from 90% of chances against us and scoring from 10% of chances we create.

The entertainment is fantastic- just wish we could tighten up a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one in the pitch, The other one is less shit at the moment and would walk straight into that Palace side

 

Mandanda is approximately 50 times better than Mignolet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much to say at half time!

 

OK, we are winning, which is the main thing. But we make it difficult for ourselves!

 

Moreno - on the good side, he offered width and pace and got forward a lot. For he first goal he played a lovely first time volley across for Can to sweep home. On the negative side he's not the best defensively is he?! He should ahve got tighter to stop that cross coming in. Mind you, Can's clearance went straight back to them when he had time to pick out a Liverpool player.

 

Lovren - what the heck was that? Awful beyond belief. OK he got one at the right end shortly thereafter, so in a way he redeemed himself, but these mistakes ar killing us.

 

Matip was a lovely header. For all the criticism our defence receives, theirs is worse. How can you give a free header that close?

 

Coutinho had a lovely header that was unlucky not to be a goal. The defender handled it and it should have been a penalty, as hat took the pace off it and enabled the goalie to make a decent save.

 

Mane should have buried that one too. Eight yards out with the goal at his mercy, but he leaned back and hit it over.

 

What then will the second half bring? Who knows! Im going for 3-1 in the second half to us, to give an ov tall 6-3 score line. It's ridiculous to predict that sort of scoreline, but then this is a ridiculous sort of game on the evidence so far.

 

If we come away with three points we can dissect the weak points later, in a better frame of mind. But if we fail to win this, our errors will make the blood boil of even the most chilled fans.

 

Come on Liverpool. 6-3 coming up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moreno, overall, has been great, but he made a mistake and you could see the confidence drain out of him after that.

 

 

Great? I will agree it is one of his better games - that says something though, and I am not sure it is a good thing. He would be boss to have as a 12th man just standing around the half line on the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone even mentioned that amongst all the madness, Coutinho's header actually was saved by a Palace defender handling the ball above his head? Should have been a pen, possibly a red.

Very hard for the ref to spot that one. None of our players even claimed for it.

 

Was a definite handball though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to get a 2 goals advance I feel given how vulnerable we look defensively. They will be much more dangerous once they get Townsend and Puncheon on.

Is right....need the 4th and probably even a 5th to ensure a win here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was like Rodgeball on speed.

Ha. Big time. And with no Suarez! It's been a great transformation by the manager.

 

Two or three more goals in this for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • Divock Origi, the man who was undoubtedly one of Liverpool's heroes of the 2018/9 campaign will not be on the move in the summer transfer window.

      After his telling contribution in the last month of the season, it had been speculated if the Belgian would look to new pastures, especially as his status as a impact substitute and occasional starter is unlikely to change in the long term at the Reds.

      However, The Mirror reports (via ESPN) that the club will not sanction a sale for Origi under any circumstances even if it means losing him on a free transfer at the end of next season.

      The 24 year-old is approaching the final year of his current deal and while it is believed that he has opened up contract negotiations over a new deal. Origi is keeping all options on the table.
        It is fair to say that Origi's Liverpool career has been something of a roller coaster.  

      There were the highs of the Europa League campaign in Jurgen Klopp's first season where he led the line against esteemed opposition with maturity well beyond his years,  but soon after the crushing blow of a serious ankle injury occurred sending him back to square one once again.

      Midway through the following season saw the striker hit a hot streak scoring four goals in as many league games, but the second half of that campaign saw Origi flatter to deceive.

      He was then sent on loan to Wolfsburg for the 2017/8 campaign where it is fair to say he did not set the world on fire by any means.

      So the expectations on his return to the Premier League were certainly not what you would call 'sky high.'    In fact to the contrary, many observers were surprised that he was still a member of the squad.

      But the beauty about Football is that it only takes a couple of moments which can set you on your way to another level and Origi is testament to that.   He was blessed to have the kind of physical attributes that every striker would die for, but for the youngster it was all about developing a sense of belief in his own capabilities.
        While the winner against Everton could be put down to a high level of good fortune, his ability to step up to the mark when the opportunity arose against Newcastle, Barcelona and Tottenham shows that Origi has plenty more to give as a footballer.   Whether that is to be with the Reds in the longer term is going to be a interesting storyline to follow.

      But one thing is for certain, after some false starts, the career of Divock Origi is only heading in one direction from here.

      And his contribution in the latter part of the 2018/9 season will never be forgotten by anyone associated with the club.


       
      View full article
    • I note that #glazersout is trending again now United are shit. Norwich scarfs inbound
    • Always wondered why? It was widely discussed on here!
    • It's happening lads.    
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

×