You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - 14 Aug 16

aRdja

Hope to see Origi start. With Gabriel out and Koscielny a major doubt, they could be starting with Holding and Chambers at centre-backs. Origi will prove a much tougher test for them than Firmino, who will spend most of the game dropping deep into midfield instead.

I can't wait for this. I see the same team as posted above, or possibly with Firmino in there, with Origi to come off the bench. We definitely need to play with three midfielders. 

I really liked the look of us against Barcelona. If we have the same sort of intensity and incision, I can see us winning this one 3-1. 

Good grief, what are you smoking?? We're pish, 3 or 4-0 to Arsenal obviously.

• Upvote 1

That reminds me, is LlLillLllliiLori still at the club?

If he is, chances are he's injured.
He's still with us. Currently in Brazil playing in Portuguese Olympic squad. Played the full game last night in the 1-1 draw with Algeria. Was an unused sub in their second game against Honduras, and game off the bench late on in their 2-0 win against Argentina in the first group game.
  • Upvote 1

I think Lallana might excel in this deeper role. Im not saying he will be a world beater but in a midfield three it gives him some freedom and his lack of goals wont be such a issue up top. Think in home games especially he could be very useful

Mignolet

Clyne

Lovren

Klavan

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Lallana

Mane

Coutinho

Firmino

___

Manninger

Alexander-Arnold

Matip

Wijnaldum

Grujic

Origi

ings

I really don't wanna see Firmino leading the line. If he's to start he should be just behind the striker.

Firmino was outstanding against Arsenal when he led the line against them at Anfield last season, in fact against the better sides he does quite well there.  He also has this knack of being in the right place when the ball runs loose.

I'd have no qualms about him starting there against Arsenal, I'd pick Origi against teams that are difficult to break down though.

Mignolet

Moreno

Klavan

Lovren

Clyne

Wijnaldum

Can

Henderson

Coutinho

Firmino

Mane

Subs - Manninger