Quantcast
Brendan Rodgers - XMF - Arguing over ex Managers Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Absolutely idiotic to let him piss such a huge budget up the wall just to sack him months later.

We know nothing now that we didn't in May.

Now the new manager us stuck with no chance to change his squad and a lumbersum £35m pole.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely idiotic to let him piss such a huge budget up the wall just to sack him months later.

We know nothing now that we didn't in May.

Now the new manager us stuck with no chance to change his squad and a lumbersum £35m pole.

Well, if they do appoint Klopp, the only player from the summer's window that has so far looked to fit in to the budget pissed up the wall category is the one the new manager would have bought himself.

Milner, Ings, Gomez and Clyne appear to be value for money even Benteke looks useful if a bit pricey.

Tried his best but just wasn't good enough. Really wanted him to work out and be a club legend unfortunately wasn't too be. Best of luck.

• Upvote 2

Would be funny if there was a thread of photoshopped pics of him.

It might be funny to begin with

• Upvote 1

I especially like the animated ones of people doing silly dances or generally dicking around, with some footballer's or manager's face on them.

They crack me up every time.  I've just soiled myself even thinking about them.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Should have gone at the end of last season, shouldn't he?

No. It was played perfectly. What he shouldn't have been allowed to do was spend so much money on the players he bought. 

Yes, looking back now even at this early stage, FSG seem to have timed it perfectly right for them.  And us.

As for the money wasted, well, they're rich big boys... maybe they can take the hit.

And BR?  From a careerist point of view, as I said at the time, I think it would have been better for him to have walked after the Stoke 6-1.

The little chunk in charge this term, I think (and not necessarily through any further sole fault of his own), has set him back plenty in terms of his managerial future.  

I hope in the back of his mind he wasn't just being ambivalent, thinking of the tasty payout.  

But maybe I couldn't blame him if he was, in this day and age.

I don't think it was about the money, we were the dream job for him, and after the second year he probably felt he was the man, one of the great LFC managers in the making and who could blame him.

I think it was psychologically too hard for him to accept he was finished just 12 months later, the fall must have been too sudden and too painful, and he wanted to cling on to his job and prove he can do it after all.

Admittedly, I base this purely on how I would feel in that situation.

• Upvote 1

and after the second year he probably felt he was the man, one of the great LFC managers in the making and who could blame him.

That Suarez sure can sell a dummy, eh.

Well it has been discussed ad nauseam on here, Rodgers was voted manager of the year by his pears that, he was instrumental in Luis having the best season of his career that year etc...  

He is undoubtedly a very ambitious young(ish) manager and he must have felt on top of the world after two great seasons at Swansea and then repeating the same at a higher level here.

Yes, we all felt on top of the world there for a while.

And for sure Rodgers was entitled to do so more than anyone, at the time.

• Upvote 2

It'd have been better for everyone if he'd never got the job in the first place.

Hahahahahahahaha!

Sorry but that is brilliant!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1