You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

37 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I didn’t see anyone play better than him against West Ham.  And he’s hardly fit, having not played for months. I’m sure it was lost on most people on here, but he made more runs from midfield than anyone else we’ve had in the team this season, though the ball never arrived with him, and he came deep to receive the ball on several occasions.  In other words, more dynamic than anyone else in our mf. And, rather than run alongside and point, he’ll actually put his foot in and win the ball.  

Mine is based as with a lot of our players on his actual ability to make it onto the pitch. A decent squad player now if fit, like a few others. Regularly out is no use, again, like a few others.

He was decent against West Ham, no problem with his individual performance. His footwork for the goal was sublime. So good he hypnotised the linesman. The problem though is that he's not mobile enough anymore. Without the ball it's like playing with 10 men. I actually do like him, but his time here should be over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

He was decent against West Ham, no problem with his individual performance. His footwork for the goal was sublime. So good he hypnotised the linesman. The problem though is that he's not mobile enough anymore. Without the ball it's like playing with 10 men. I actually do like him, but his time here should be over.

Oh yea,  passing the ball to someone two yards offside.   Real highlight there. 

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I genuinely don't get this.  He was often our furthest player forward, making runs that weren't seen, and was often picking the ball up from the back 4.  I just don't get how this is a thing.  I can understand people just not liking him and calling him shit no matter what he does, because you just ignore them, but when people make a comment like 'he's not mobile' after watching his movement in a game, it's just baffling.  If he's not mobile, the rest of our midfielders are nailed to the floor. 

He's just a nothing player who constantly slows down the attacks, doesn't link up well with others, never poses a threat in the box and is almost perma-crocked. Other than that, yeah he's really decent and let's not forget the especially awesome clap he gives the fans as he's subbed. Said it in the match thread but he's the equivalent of go-faster stripes on a car. Also, no fucking way he hypnotized anyone, the linesman was just absolute shite. 

6278110243960423945_23.jpg

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Iceman said:

He's just a nothing player who constantly slows down the attacks, doesn't link up well with others, never poses a threat in the box and is almost perma-crocked. Other than that, yeah he's really decent and let's not forget the especially awesome clap he gives the fans as he's subbed. Said it in the match thread but he's the equivalent of go-faster stripes on a car. Also, no fucking way he hypnotized anyone, the linesman was just absolute shite. 

6278110243960423945_23.jpg

Yup, the tempo improved massively when the waste of space exited the field.   Imagine a player doing so little that people need to pretend passing the ball to someone miles offside was a highlight. 

Thankfully we really are in the end days of Sturridge,  Lallana and Mignolet now. 

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

I genuinely don't get this.  He was often our furthest player forward, making runs that weren't seen, and was often picking the ball up from the back 4.  I just don't get how this is a thing.  I can understand people just not liking him and calling him shit no matter what he does, because you just ignore them, but when people make a comment like 'he's not mobile' after watching his movement in a game, it's just baffling.  If he's not mobile, the rest of our midfielders are nailed to the floor. 

He can't run anymore, stringvest. It's like watching the midfield version of Sturridge. He used to have lots of stamina and it would make up for his lack of pace, but now having him in midfield is a recipe for being overrun and losing all the 50/50's. He's still good on the ball, mind you. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He can't run anymore, stringvest. It's like watching the midfield version of Sturridge. He used to have lots of stamina and it would make up for his lack of pace, but now having him in midfield is a recipe for being overrun and losing all the 50/50's. He's still good on the ball, mind you. 

Back from injury, first start, he didn't play badly. His pace can improve in the unlikely event he stays fit