You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

My negatives about them are:

We do not build a squad to compete in more than 2 competitions. We do not value the domestic cups. I know they don't bring in money like the CL and Premier league but it would be nice to win a trophy.

The Suarez race incident. 

The balls up about ticket prices and pissing off the fan base.

Being slow to announce an expansion of the embarrassing Anfield Road end. The demand is ridiculously high and the stadium still needs to be bigger.

Player recruitment in the early days as well as getting a manager with no experience of managing a big club.

No one bothering to come over for Gerrards last game. 

Positives:

Hiring Jurgen Klopp

Learning from past mistakes buying flavour of the month players and overpriced average ones.

Building the Main Stand. 

They appear to be more concerned than past owners about the regeneration of Anfield. Not much but still better than before. 

Expanding the academy.

Managing to rinse several clubs into paying us decent money for our unwanted players as well as getting a ridiculously high fee for Coutinho.

Securing our best players on long term contracts.

Growing the club commercially and bridging the gap between us and Arsenal for match day revenue. 

I don't have an issue with them not showing up for Gerrards last game, just as I wouldn't if they don't appear for Wolves if the league is on the line. They have taken the decision to stop pretending they like football. 

They want their investment to grow and to do that they have appointed people that know what they're doing. Let's be honest they have never really been made feel welcome, a glance through this thread alone says it all. From bankruptcy to top of the league and all they hear are moans.

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Right, he's going to manage Liverpool for 7 years because of the salary. And you really managed to make Liverpool sound like a small club who don't spend anything. Great job. 

We act like a small club and have for some time, probably since David Moores became chairman. Klopp comes from Mainz, joined Dortmund when they were a mess and same with us. Each time in my opinion he's made a small step up. It doesn't mean he hasn't had to do all 3 jobs with one hand tied behind his back, it doesn't mean he expects more than doing a job with one hand tied behind his back. I will promise you home thing, if we didn't pay him the right salary, he'd be working elsewhere and maybe with even less ability to spend than here. This is not a slight on klopp, he's a wonderful manager who rightly wants to be paid accordingly. You've only got to look what Rafa will put up with for the right salary to see managers don't care as much about the resources they're given as you think they would or maybe say they are. 

1 hour ago, No2 said:

There isn't any point continuing the conversation if you think Hicks &Gillette deserve credit for the finances and they got lucky making the most important decision they made in 8 years.

So are you saying h&g didn't increase the commercial revenues of the club? They just did. They just happened to ship out that money out and more, but once that scam was put an end to by the courts, the revenues were still there. The commercial revenue improvement started on their shift under Ian ayre, fsg didn't invent this for LFC. 

I 100% think our owners were lucky with klopp. They wanted a showman to sell main stand hospitality at a time when they couldn't sell a ticket and credit to them for that, they got it right. The fact he's boss as a manager is where they got lucky. Their previous manager they hired because they needed someone who would accept cost cutting and hoped they would get lucky on the football side. They didn't. Both hires were driven financially, football was secondary. Shitness of modern football. Same with this cock stroking over 100m post tax profit when we haven't won a thing in years. Hurray for the profit cup, we're the new Leicester without the trophy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So are you saying h&g didn't increase the commercial revenues of the club? They just did. They just happened to ship out that money out and more, but once that scam was put an end to by the courts, the revenues were still there. The commercial revenue improvement started on their shift under Ian ayre, fsg didn't invent this for LFC. 

I 100% think our owners were lucky with klopp. They wanted a showman to sell main stand hospitality at a time when they couldn't sell a ticket and credit to them for that, they got it right. The fact he's boss as a manager is where they got lucky. Their previous manager they hired because they needed someone who would accept cost cutting and hoped they would get lucky on the football side. They didn't. Both hires were driven financially, football was secondary. Shitness of modern football. Same with this cock stroking over 100m post tax profit when we haven't won a thing in years. Hurray for the profit cup, we're the new Leicester without the trophy. 

I think it's stretching it to give credit for our current financial position to people who couldn't pay the milkman 8 years ago.

If Klopp left tomorrow FSG have the club in a position financially where we could get lucky again.

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

We accepted offers for both Markovic and Origi but they  both turned down moves the others were too shit to shift. 

All them together would still only cover about 1/2 of a fee for Fekir and leave us without cover at GK and LB. What if we had got an injury in one of those positions? 

And before you say "but we didnt" hindsight is 20/20 but you can't plan with it.

You are a real negative cunt who adds no value to this forum, either think before you type or go support Everton you Rhyl dwelling cunt 

Dont hold back will you Mr Trail.....!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, No2 said:

I think it's stretching it to give credit for our current financial position to people who couldn't pay the milkman 8 years ago.

If Klopp left tomorrow FSG have the club in a position financially where we could get lucky again.

Shows how little you clearly paid to what they did. They increased revenues well. They just loaded debt on the club which meant they couldn't keep paying them, half of which were to themselves! 

As for fsg getting lucky again. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I'll be sure they'll appoint someone who is aligned to their aims, that will unlikely be football because it hasn't been in 8 years. 

• Upvote 1

FSG clearly lucky in getting Klopp. Wanted him since they bought the club and were able to convince one of the best managers in the world in their project once he became available, but it was all luck. Could've had chimps in the room for the meetings instead of Henry, Werner and Gordon and Klopp still would've came. Only reason they wanted him was because he's a big, giant fool who can crack a joke and people will buy tickets. 

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

They increased revenues well.

During their time here revenue actually increased less than the average football club. We only grew about 4% annually during that time. They did not do a very good job of that. And they loaded debt.

Have you got numbers to support that, because they signed several big sponsorship and contracts, maybe they were back dooring some of that right out of the club too. It's that performance that allowed Ian ayre to not only keep his job under fsg, but end up as CEO. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Have you got numbers to support that, because they signed several big sponsorship and contracts, maybe they were back dooring some of that right out of the club too. It's that performance that allowed Ian ayre to not only keep his job under fsg, but end up as CEO. 

So I have to assume you don't have the numbers when you are saying this?

We did just under 200 mill the year before they bought us -- up to 225 in 2010. 

52 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

FSG clearly lucky in getting Klopp. Wanted him since they bought the club and were able to convince one of the best managers in the world in their project once he became available, but it was all luck. Could've had chimps in the room for the meetings instead of Henry, Werner and Gordon and Klopp still would've came. Only reason they wanted him was because he's a big, giant fool who can crack a joke and people will buy tickets. 

I had a 25 minute conversation with one of our owners before we appointed Rogers (while we were going through interviews with him and Bobby brown shoes). If you think they wanted klopp all along, then you believe the propaganda they love to spout. Our owners are fucking clowns as I've been on the end of their views on football. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

So I have to assume you don't have the numbers when you are saying this?

We did just under 200 mill the year before they bought us -- up to 225 in 2010. 

You mean the year we won the European cup? Ayre brought in loads of deals. And he did under fsg too and they expanded on that when they brought that fella over who's name escapes me to work out of the London office. The path was started under h&g and if I need to I'll go and dig out some of the deals he did. If our TV revenues dropped towards the end because we were no longer a CL team and a mid table side, well that's not to do with the commercial piece, that's to do with they were cunts and their cuntish behaviour was damaging the team. Commercially we've been much much smarter and there was a turn around the day the Moores and party corner shop was shutdown. 

54 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I had a 25 minute conversation with one of our owners before we appointed Rogers (while we were going through interviews with him and Bobby brown shoes). If you think they wanted klopp all along, then you believe the propaganda they love to spout. Our owners are fucking clowns as I've been on the end of their views on football. 

I had a 25 minute conversation with John Henry before we appointed Klopp and he told me the only way Klopp would say yes was if he could bone Pizzuti. That was the deciding factor. Wouldn't call a man willing to concede his wife to another man for a business favour a "fucking clown" no matter their views on football. 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I had a 25 minute conversation with John Henry before we appointed Klopp and he told me the only way Klopp would say yes was if he could bone Pizzuti. That was the deciding factor. Wouldn't call a man willing to concede his wife to another man for a business favour a "fucking clown" no matter their views on football. 

Big if true. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

The easiest way to tell the impact that FSG have had is to take out the TV money from the accounts, inflate the commercial deals by RPI for the last 8 years that the 2 cowboys put in place. Probably only a small difference in the values, the main controllable difference will be the match day income due to the extra premium seats and price increases.

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Yeah, I think the claim that they wanted Klopp all along is a little off, as Henry said when they appointed Rodgers they were looking for a young coach they could work with for a few years.

Still claiming that they only wanted Klopp as a salesman to sell corporate tickets and got lucky that he was also a good football manager is ridiculously embarrassing.

8 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah, I think the claim that they wanted Klopp all along is a little off, as Henry said when they appointed Rodgers they were looking for a young coach they could work with for a few years.

Still claiming that they only wanted Klopp as a salesman to sell corporate tickets and got lucky that he was also a good football manager is ridiculously embarrassing.

You need to think back to where the club was when Rogers went. The short contract they offered klopp and how quickly they gave him a bigger contract when they realised he wasn't just PT Barnum, was a real football man and most importantly a real football man who wasn't going to bug the shit out of them in the press for money for players.  

21 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You need to think back to where the club was when Rogers went. The short contract they offered klopp and how quickly they gave him a bigger contract when they realised he wasn't just PT Barnum, was a real football man and most importantly a real football man who wasn't going to bug the shit out of them in the press for money for players.  

Such bullshit. He was one of the top 2 available managers in the world (depending on how you rank Ancelloti) signed a 4 year deal and then when FSG realised what a great fit he was they swiftly extended it to 7 years.

You’re doing yourself a disservice with this nonsense Barry.

• Upvote 1