You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

Gotta be honest, I didn’t think he’d get to this level with us. He’s learnt how to take the ball off the defenders while being in the half turn and it’s transformed him.

Remember when he used to come and take the ball with his back to play and then be petrified with it at his feet and give it straight back. 

Made up for him and he’s fully deserving of the arm band now. 

• Upvote 2

Always feel happy when I know he’s playing .....(cue a 7 dwarfs joke)

He’s one of those players that seems to be getting better and better I just wish he would fuck that  England off after the Euros as those knuckle draggers are never going to appreciate him as you see on Twitter when England lose then he’s the whipping boy .

Can honestly say I wouldn’t swap him for anyone else as he has the ability to make others play better.

Just wish that derby goal had stood as he deserves one of those moments in a big game hopefully it comes against the Mancs 

It's depressing to think Hendo has only been appreciated these last 3 season by some fans. As Jurgen said, Hendo's biggest problem was he wasnt Stevie.

I lost count of the number of times the 2 sat next to me constantly berated Hendo each and every game, saying he wasnt a Liverpool player etc. Dont get me wrong, I have a good laugh and a joke with them but, like on here, the constant abuse Hendo got was tiring.

Said it many a time, anyone in Liverpool's team could pass it backwards and sideways except Hendo. People ignore the fact he was ensuring we kept possession and waiting for the opening instead of just hoying it forward.

Im the first to admit when he first came here he was overawed. Who can forget that one on one with the keeper down the Annie Road end when he didnt have the confidence to take the chance on and tried to square it for a teammate and blew it?

But that was years ago. Sure, he's grown immensely under Jurgen but how many players have not? The raw emotion at the end of the Madrid final in 2019 between him, his arl fella and Jurgen will stay with me forever.

Im made up he's getting the recognition he deserves. I can see Hendo being a top manager when he hangs up his boots.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It's depressing to think Hendo has only been appreciated these last 3 season by some fans. As Jurgen said, Hendo's biggest problem was he wasnt Stevie.

I lost count of the number of times the 2 sat next to me constantly berated Hendo each and every game, saying he wasnt a Liverpool player etc. Dont get me wrong, I have a good laugh and a joke with them but, like on here, the constant abuse Hendo got was tiring.

Said it many a time, anyone in Liverpool's team could pass it backwards and sideways except Hendo. People ignore the fact he was ensuring we kept possession and waiting for the opening instead of just hoying it forward.

Im the first to admit when he first came here he was overawed. Who can forget that one on one with the keeper down the Annie Road end when he didnt have the confidence to take the chance on and tried to square it for a teammate and blew it?

But that was years ago. Sure, he's grown immensely under Jurgen but how many players have not? The raw emotion at the end of the Madrid final in 2019 between him, his arl fella and Jurgen will stay with me forever.

Im made up he's getting the recognition he deserves. I can see Hendo being a top manager when he hangs up his boots.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard him take stick at the match. Certainly not since Klopp arrived. It was always the telly clappers and Twitter cunts who gave him shit. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Everything you want as a Captain 

Brilliant story, when you see how far he's come as a player and a man. Got loads of shit for a while, managers trying to get rid so they could get Clint fucking Dempsey and just stuck his head down and look at him now. 

Was going to post on this thread before he scored today. Compliments of Henderson have always been very earnest relative to Gerrard in the manner of “he’s not made of Roy of the Rovers-stuff but he never stops running / trying”. Well, as pure central midfielders go there’s a very fair argument that he’s at or exceeding Gerrard’s level. He’ll never have the sheer cannoning talent Gerrard had as a free reign attacker but he’s precisely  the kind of clever, disciplined midfielder that Gerrard would come unstuck against when planted in the middle of the pitch.

Henderson has simply evolved into a sublime classical midfielder; legitimately one of the very best in the club’s history and his record over the past 150 games evidences it. Superb.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)