You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

I found it quite amusing that he missed 3 complete sitters when playing deeper. His finishing certainly wasn't as good when not playing as the front man.

He played deeper to accomodate Solanke as Klopp obviously went for the jugular from the off. Fortunately,well in reality it was almost always going to work against a team like Brighton. The only problem with Firmino is that he can't play every game and hit the heights,as Klopp alluded to in his statement so we obviously need better reserves. It all goes back to lack of squad depth and that's our biggest weakness versus our rivals.

We scored 84 goals. Our first team attack wasn't the issue. We should be able to rest one of the front 3 though without performance falling off a cliff.

Also, a few goals from midfield would be nice too. And the occasional set piece.

Enter Naby Keita......

But set pieces is something we definitely are missing.  Once Coutinho went, that was a good chunk of our weaponry gone.

7 goals in one game and none in the next doesn't get you 6 points. We need options. We had 12 draws and 7 at home and had the most incredible amount of shots on target.

Bobby is amazing but you can't have one player in that position.

Get the likes of Werner in and we have the luxury of Bobby changing position in some games or even, wait for it, having a rest some games.

People getting upset and over protecting Bobby and having the need to praise him more than others, and making their point that we don't need another number 9, is so weird.

If we didn't have such useless options we would have 5 strikers in our first team!

Get as many great players as possible and take it from there

We need a squad yet people only want a first 11. I don't get it. We will end up playing about 60 games and we play the most demanding football out there.

Also, will Bobby's output actually change when behind the striker? He could have had a few yesterday. Get him, mane, salah and a striker playing in those shit park the bus games and I think that's better than having one of our midfielders pose no goal threat.

7 goals in one game and none in the next doesn't get you 6 points. We need options. We had 12 draws and 7 at home and had the most incredible amount of shots on target.

Bobby is amazing but you can't have one player in that position.

Get the likes of Werner in and we have the luxury of Bobby changing position in some games or even, wait for it, having a rest some games.

People getting upset and over protecting Bobby and having the need to praise him more than others, and making their point that we don't need another number 9, is so weird.

If we didn't have such useless options we would have 5 strikers in our first team!

Get as many great players as possible and take it from there

We need a squad yet people only want a first 11. I don't get it. We will end up playing about 60 games and we play the most demanding football out there.

Also, will Bobby's output actually change when behind the striker? He could have had a few yesterday. Get him, mane, salah and a striker playing in those shit park the bus games and I think that's better than having one of our midfielders pose no goal threat.

Would that likes of Werner come to play 50% of our games?

Yes imo, because Bobby will need a rest and will switch positions.

Klopp knows he needs to rest him and we need new option to turn draws into wins.

Plus, will we be as lucky with injuries and we have a world cup

Also, salah is going to get absolutely swamped next year so will need help. Mane needs to step up and has all the talent in the world but isn't as clinical or as hot on decision making.

If we want to win the title we have to get top people in who aren't guaranteed to play very game. That is done with money or klopp selling the dream. Otherwise we will tire and fall short.

We have the money to do it too.

In cl games and games vs the top 4 bobby is essential but he needs help.

What makes it 50%?

IF we can have 5 really strong options for our front three, of which one or two could also play in an attacking midfield role, they’ll all play more than 50%

Maybe not 90 minutes in 50% but the ability to bring on fresh legs after an hour, without it being a drop in quality is hugely important

What makes it 50%?

IF we can have 5 really strong options for our front three, of which one or two could also play in an attacking midfield role, they’ll all play more than 50%

Maybe not 90 minutes in 50% but the ability to bring on fresh legs after an hour, without it being a drop in quality is hugely important

That's assuming all 5 options can all play together in all 3 positions. I'd imagine Werner would be bought to play CF, for example. But I take your point about how they could spread their appearances across a few positions and systems, and play more games.

I wanted us to sign him to link up with Suarez.

So what you’re saying is that you watched Firmino playing for a nearly relegated Hoffenheim team scoring 7 goals all season and then 5 the following season when they finished 11th. That bloody idiot Rodgers should have signed him then and played him as a no. 10 behind Suarez. He just wouldn’t listen though. Instead he kept playing that fucking 433 formation and he couldn’t even win the league the clown.

So he was also excellent in the role he's played in for most of his career? Nostradamus over here.

I’ve also been very consistent with my view that he should be played in the no 10 role i.e. his natural position. Although I concede that he has done quite well in the ‘false 9’ role this season.

So what you’re saying is that you watched Firmino playing for a nearly relegated Hoffenheim team scoring 7 goals all season and then 5 the following season when they finished 11th. That bloody idiot Rodgers should have signed him then and played him as a no. 10 behind Suarez. He just wouldn’t listen though. Instead he kept playing that fucking 433 formation and he couldn’t even win the league the clown.

Yes.

• Upvote 6

I’ve also been very consistent with my view that he should be played in the no 10 role i.e. his natural position. Although I concede that he has done quite well in the ‘false 9’ role this season.

Done well??? He has been world class

He played deeper cuz there was literally no other viable option.

He will be upfront next season in every game he is available.

Apart from when others aren't available, maybe?