You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

New contract eh...Welcome to Barcelona, Bobby.

Great he has signed but let's face it all it means in the modern game is that we protect his price if he decides he wants to go.

How many months after his big new contract did Coutinho go?

"I signed this new contract to stay here for a few more years because it's a great honour for me" he said at the time of signing it.

New contract eh...Welcome to Barcelona, Bobby.

Great he has signed but let's face it all it means in the modern game is that we protect his price if he decides he wants to go.

How many months after his big new contract did Coutinho go?

"I signed this new contract to stay here for a few more years because it's a great honour for me" he said at the time of signing it.

Not sure about this. I can't remember for sure but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Phil's new contract was engineered by that snake of an agent he took on. So the agent would have got two pay days for that - new contract plus big money transfer.

Bobby as far as I'm aware is nowhere near that snake. If any of our other players do go there, that spells trouble more than any other factor.

Not sure about this. I can't remember for sure but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Phil's new contract was engineered by that snake of an agent he took on. So the agent would have got two pay days for that - new contract plus big money transfer.

Bobby as far as I'm aware is nowhere near that snake. If any of our other players do go there, that spells trouble more than any other factor.

It was tongue in cheek remark - although due to the shitness of modern football i am guarded about trusting any player...but as it goes Bobby seems as reasonably decent as most.

Agents are a fucking cancer - even Salah is embroiled in a nasty row with his national team fuelled by his shithouse agent.

I think Joorachabin became Coutinhos agent after his no escape clause contract was done and dusted. Might be wrong but I am reasonably sure about it.

Agents are a fucking cancer - even Salah is embroiled in a nasty row with his national team fuelled by his shithouse agent.

Isn't that over image rights? They've used Salah in an advert without his permission and when he's directly sponsored by their competitor.

It's would be like England using Hendersons face on a Gillette shaving cream advert and claiming its OK because he's wearing an England kit in the picture.

• Upvote 1

Call me old fashioned but the very fact there is an argument over 'image rights' is just a perfect example of the shitness of modern footy and all the snakes and parasites leeching off the game.

Maybe so. But his sponsors are his sponsors. They are earned through playing well and making his name mean something. Imagine you were famous for being good at what you did, and someone started selling stuff with your face on it to piggyback off your hard work? To the point where your own income was in jeopardy.

I

Maybe so. But his sponsors are his sponsors. They are earned through playing well and making his name mean something. Imagine you were famous for being good at what you did, and someone started selling stuff with your face on it to piggyback off your hard work? To the point where your own income was in jeopardy.

I

I'll never have to wrestle with that issue so can't say for sure but i think if i was earning the kind of money he is i don't think i would be all that bothered about my gob being on something that is being used by my national team (although i am not patriotic and would refuse to play for England if asked but that is by the by)

I get the feeling Salah probably isn't arsed and it makes little difference to him but his shithouse agent is in his ear because he is bothered about his money not what Mo might or might not be missing out on.

As i say maybe i am old fashioned and don't get the modern way but seems shit to me.