You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Christ.

We're officially a country full of spiteful fucking Herberts! 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/30/it-is-terrible-but-i-still-want-it-crewe-voters-size-up-no-deal-brexit

Honestly, I give up. What are actually meant to say when people say they would knowingly rather be poor than stay in the EU? Fucking mental.

4 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Honestly, I give up. What are actually meant to say when people say they would knowingly rather be poor than stay in the EU? Fucking mental.

It's madness. 

He's an old man. He'd rather risk lessening the quality of life he has for his likely few remaining years, just so some foreign people don't get a chance of bettering their life. It's sheer spite and racism. Going by his age and the absence of any mention of it in the article nobody has took his job or stopped him getting one. Nobody has took his home. Nobody has stopped him opening a small, local business like the immigrants have. 

He's admitted to being lied to. And he still appears to be swallowing these lies. He seems under the false impression that Brexit will end immigration. Full stop. It simply won't. 

The sad reality of the situation is that there are millions of bitter, spiteful, racist arl cunts like him across the country. 

According to @JWhittingdale: “The Prime Minister was given a very strong mandate to negotiate an alternative to the backstop. It is now up to the EU, and in particular the Irish government, to find that alternative.”

Take your time. Read that again. Take in its sheer majesty.

43 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Mate, this is fantasy.

Th EU has 500 million people and is the biggest market on the planet.

When the tell us to jump we'll say how high. Anything else is just shit you've been fed from morons, liars and fantasists

We have 70 million people and the 5th biggest economy on Earth. They are kicking out the second biggest economy in the block. The likes of the Netherlands, Spain and France need our contributions. Spain and Italy are on their arse financially speaking. France are in constant turmoil politically and the right wing will win the next election because Macron's as hated as May. The AFD have more than 90 seats in the German parliament. We should call their bluff.

14 minutes ago, Boss said:

We have 70 million people and the 5th biggest economy on Earth. They are kicking out the second biggest economy in the block. The likes of the Netherlands, Spain and France need our contributions. Spain and Italy are on their arse financially speaking. France are in constant turmoil politically and the right wing will win the next election because Macron's as hated as May. The AFD have more than 90 seats in the German parliament. We should call their bluff.

Nobodies getting kicked out. Someone has seen their arse and is pretending to do one. 

1 minute ago, cloggypop said:

Anyway, the Netherlands seems to be picking up loads of UK business and I'm getting my black market brown sauce set up. Hoping @Mook is in. He would make a boss mule. Probably get about 8 pallets of HP up there. 

Mook has agreed to swallow little rubber bags of HP Sauce, and will shit them out this end?

4 hours ago, Boss said:

As opposed to the largest free trading block in the world, 440 million against 65 million people. 44% of the value of our trade is with the EU as against around 8% for them. The argument that they need us more than we need them has been trotted out for the last three years. It hasn't happened so far with less than 70 days to go and two years negotiating behind us. If we're tough enough to don our WW2 tin hats and face down the consequences of no-deal then why isn't Germany or France given that the impact however negative will be proportionately much smaller? Basically the nostalgic Brexiteer view is that they're cheese eating surrender monkey's who will wilt at the first sign of it being shoved up em.

This is all have our cake and eat again. Brexiteer's basically want unrestricted access to the single market without any constraints or making any contribution whilst being free to trade on our own terms and regulations with the rest of the world, all the time our main threat being to shoot ourselves in the head and inflict a shoulder wound on the EU if they fail to agree.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Anyway, the Netherlands seems to be picking up loads of UK business and I'm getting my black market brown sauce set up. Hoping @Mook is in. He would make a boss mule. Probably get about 8 pallets of HP up there. 

HP is shite, us Irish will send you over some YR instead. 

Funnily enough, stands for Yorkshire Relish. But a 100% Irish product. 

As for brexit, I'm genuinely sick of it now. 

The tories need to fuck off, take their no deal and fend for themselves. They've done their best to blame  Ireland for all their misgivings. 

The hard fact is, the vote wanted brexit, regardless of any deal, so give them brexit. Without any deal. 

8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Fuck off!

Half of us voted to remain!

You mean less than half. 

I sympathise with the average man in the street, I truly do. 

But the you'se allowed it to become a vote in racism, and are still allowing the government to negotiate on racism now. 

It's all Ireland's fault, we won the world war, only for us you'd be speaking German. 

The brexit vote has legitimised racism. It's creeping back into the football now. Fans throwing bananas onto the pitch, that hasn't happened since the 80's. But it's been given a licence now because of that bloody vote. 

I'm not saying you're racist by the way, and I'm guessing you voted remain. But democracy voted leave, democracy wants out, democracy wants to chant about Brittania ruling the waves again, so let them be. 

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This has all been framed so the EU can be blamed. UK will make do and mend, keep calm and carry on, Johnny foreigner will be vanquished by the three functioning vessels of her majesty's Royal Navy.

Pretty sure they all need an engine refit because the one's they have aren't enough to power the ship for more than a week, before we have to put another £5 on the leccy card.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Pretty sure they all need an engine refit because the one's they have aren't enough to power the ship for more than a week, before we have to put another £5 on the leccy card.

It was the EU that insisted you'd have to put a tenner into the meter when you'd used up the emergency fiver. Better off out.

19 hours ago, Boss said:

The EU will have to concede. They do more trade with us than we do with them. Time for them to make some concessions rather than us all the time.

they may do more trade with us than we do with them, but their economy is massive. Probably the biggest economic loser is Ireland and it's quite clear what their position is. The backstop is required to protect the good friday agreement. So I ask again, what exactly can the EU concede that doesn't compromise the good friday agreement? For me there is only 1 thing, a trade deal. the backstop is only existing as we've already agreed to only start negotiating a trade deal once the withdrawal agreement is approved. If we faill to do a trade deal, the back stop kicks in. So the only way to stop the backstop, is to agree a trade deal. We have 8 weeks to do that and all the legislation that is required for us to leave. good luck with that.