You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke Away match thread

"Freelance football writer" from Manchester. He sounds genuine and serious like a Monday Morning spam email about bank deposits and verification email accounts.

Yeah but someone saw it on the internet and so did someone else. Its how rumours get legs.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

There is a picture of Sterling being jeered by our fans. It shows people making wanking signs at him, and one rubbing finger and thumb together over imaginary notes. Not a banana in site. And I'm damn sure the press would have been all over it. I smell Manc bullshit.

Playing catch up. That was a deeply shocking result. Gutted for Stevie more than anything, as the fella is a legend and he deserved to go out better. I don't even know where to start on the rest...

We were ace last season. We all (or most of us) thought Rodgers was potentially on the cusp of becoming the next great Liverpool manager. Lovely football. Energy. Pressing. Goals.

This season got off to a terrible start, so much so that a lot of fans started to question the manager or even call for his head. But then we went on a run and all of a sudden we were right back in it for a top four finish. Not what we wanted after a title challenge, but a season of consolidation at the top table, while some of the youngsters gained experience, sort of all made sense.

Then the wheels fell off. Man Utd had their own wobble and were there for the taking, but we were worse again. And then today's result just seemed to plumb new depths of ineptitude.

I've been slow to criticize the manager even if it has been warranted. I genuinely thought we'd finish this season, then he'd have a bit of a debrief with FSG, possibly even have a new structure imposed, and then be backed to go again next season.

But not now, surely. The wheels have fallen off so spectacularly that there are enormous question marks all over the place. Won't the players play for this manager any more? (Shame on the lot of them for that. Suarez was arguably the best player in the world last season and he bust a gut for Brendan and Liverpool. Where is the pride in today's crop?)

I honestly don't know how you come back from this. I will be very surprised if Rodgers isn't fired soon. Bring Klopp in. Back him to add players - surely he knows the German market at least? And he's a leader, so hopefully he will have them playing for him?

There's no guarantee that any manager will be a success, given other issues at the club, but it does look increasingly likely that Brendan has reached the end of the line. We will know soon enough.

Anyone at the game today hear anything that this fella is alluding to?

You should have checked the veracity of that before linking it, Jairz.  He's a wind up troll, not a reporter at all.  I just clicked it and scrolled down.  He pretends he's at various football matches and reports "vile abuse" by clubs he doesn't like.  Mostly Liverpool and Celtic.  He's a manc.

You should have read it before giving him dozens of clicks and attention.

• Upvote 1

Thought it was wrong to want BR sacked but after that he should do the decent thing himself. He statement of going if they want me to is pure cowardice. Either man up and resign or say nothing don't deflect the pressure onto your boss. Have enough about you to show pride and resign.

Thought it was wrong to want BR sacked but after that he should do the decent thing himself. He statement of going if they want me to is pure cowardice. Either man up and resign or say nothing don't deflect the pressure onto your boss. Have enough about you to show pride and resign.

He wants his huge pay off, hardly surprising from a man with such low morals.

Positives to take from the match :-

We weren't humiliated wearing our proper strip

It wasn't a Pulis Stoke

Lovren wasn't at fault for any of the goals

The pitch had been mowed in a pretty pattern (although I'm surprised that Rodgers didn't lay any blame on the unusual rub of the green)

We don't have to play next weekend

• Upvote 1

Playing catch up. That was a deeply shocking result. Gutted for Stevie more than anything, as the fella is a legend and he deserved to go out better. I don't even know where to start on the rest...

We were ace last season. We all (or most of us) thought Rodgers was potentially on the cusp of becoming the next great Liverpool manager. Lovely football. Energy. Pressing. Goals.

This season got off to a terrible start, so much so that a lot of fans started to question the manager or even call for his head. But then we went on a run and all of a sudden we were right back in it for a top four finish. Not what we wanted after a title challenge, but a season of consolidation at the top table, while some of the youngsters gained experience, sort of all made sense.

Then the wheels fell off. Man Utd had their own wobble and were there for the taking, but we were worse again. And then today's result just seemed to plumb new depths of ineptitude.

I've been slow to criticize the manager even if it has been warranted. I genuinely thought we'd finish this season, then he'd have a bit of a debrief with FSG, possibly even have a new structure imposed, and then be backed to go again next season.

But not now, surely. The wheels have fallen off so spectacularly that there are enormous question marks all over the place. Won't the players play for this manager any more? (Shame on the lot of them for that. Suarez was arguably the best player in the world last season and he bust a gut for Brendan and Liverpool. Where is the pride in today's crop?)

I honestly don't know how you come back from this. I will be very surprised if Rodgers isn't fired soon. Bring Klopp in. Back him to add players - surely he knows the German market at least? And he's a leader, so hopefully he will have them playing for him?

There's no guarantee that any manager will be a success, given other issues at the club, but it does look increasingly likely that Brendan has reached the end of the line. We will know soon enough.

Sorry Im out of positive rep for a few hours but this is a great post. No knee jerk or backing the manager without question.

Pretty much sums up how I see the situation now.

When you consider as you say that this was Gerrard's last ever game for the club, just what were his teammates thinking? That's the way you repay a club legend by strolling around half asred because a, you may not be at the club next season, b, its end of season and your on the beach, c, you dont rate the manager any more or d, all the fucking above.

I dont know what the future holds but I will be surprised if he's not relieved of being manager very soon. Something is seriously wrong in the club and its nothing to do with with Ayre.

thankfully I missed the first half and got to see stevie score on his final appearance.

the owners can sort out the rest.

can looked like the only signing of any merit until recently but he has been dreadful recently too and I didnt even see him yesterday.

I think someone could come in and get something out of this squad. im not sure brendan can anymore but if owners want to continue with him I d love to see him turn it round.

It's what he does best.  You're right, it was cowardly, and the team is also in his own image.