You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Hernandez is a dying breed, a player who is only good in front of goal. Unfortunately you need more than that in the game these days.

Yep. Excellent poacher but doesn't offer much outside the six yard box.

I'd have him over Balotelli, Lambert or Borini though.

Hernandez.. Now there's a cunt you'd never tire launching across a room. His cunt face and cunt haircut are already too cunty for words. I actually have a dislike for him that I've never experienced before in all my life.

I'm a 6'7 beanpole and have had comments about my height all my life, I can never go on a night out without some prick giving it the big licks over nothing, but I'd take another 26 years of that and more just to slap Hernandez silly for 5 minutes.

• Upvote 4

Can't see anything in the Hernandez rumours, we've already got the poacher type in Ings, and Borini, but neither allow us to play 433.

Also can't see Hernandez opting for a bench role for another team, surely he's looking for starts?

Nah, all sounds unlikely.

Borini couldn't poach an egg

• Upvote 3

No shit manc lesbian rejects.

Have a bit of self respect.

This for fucks sake. It's like a few years ago when some people were argueing we should sign Darren Bent. Or more recently Defoe. What we need is a top class, quick, mobile and hard working forward. Somone that costs 30-40 million now and will still look a bargain in a year. Not someone Fulham will sign if we don't.

Hernandez.. Now there's a cunt you'd never tire launching across a room. His cunt face and cunt haircut are already too cunty for words. I actually have a dislike for him that I've never experienced before in all my life.

I'm a 6'7 beanpole and have had comments about my height all my life, I can never go on a night out without some prick giving it the big licks over nothing, but I'd take another 26 years of that and more just to slap Hernandez silly for 5 minutes.

Haha - repped.

However, sorry to say, I disagree with you.

I don't want him - unless he put his proper name on his shirt as I HATE that.

But if he came, he would score many goals.  I believe Rodgers would coach him better than he has been coached before.  He is nippy over 5 yards and sharp around the box.

Like Frany Jeffers.

*Ignore that last bit, obviously.

United are going to be strong next year. Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger will protect That back 4, they've signed a good rightback and another good wide man to go with Mata and Di Maria.

They'll probably get a big name striker in too.

We'll need to have a great season to finish above them if we only sign Benteke

• Upvote 1

The BBC have a link to an article in the Guardian talking about Newcastle's signing of Wijnaldum for £14.4m. They describe it as a club record signing. That's a club who broke the WORLD record when buying Shearer for £15m nearly 20 years ago, and who a decade ago spent even more on buying Owen, which is then pointed out later in the same article. The editor must have been out on the piss all weekend.

United are going to be strong next year. Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger will protect That back 4, they've signed a good rightback and another good wide man to go with Mata and Di Maria.

That is a brilliant pair to sit and protect the defence, exactly what we lack

We'll need to have a great season to finish above them if we only sign Benteke[/quote

I agree

I think we have a mountain to climb to get ahead of any of the current top 4

Arsenal look as they could challenge for the title and City and the Chavs are not likely to implode

That bunch of useless shite we bought last summer has just put us miles behind others .

• Upvote 1

If we sign the a decent midfielder that can create play and not just run alot plus a decent forward then Id say we are in the mix.

United in particular may struggle with Champions league- keep in mind they will lose De Gea and likely Di Maria.

Last season I felt it was ominous that they signed both DiMaria and Falcao- they couldnt go wrong- but they certainly didnt perform. Van Gaal will feel the pressure this time and he normally explodes at some point.

He's an interesting casepoint when it comes to the whole manager debate. Based on his contacts/credentials they are bringing in big names- they wouldnt have had any chance of signing under Moyes. Similar to Klopp, the name alone can elevate your status which, unless we start getting some trophies in the cabinet, we may struggle with under Rodgers   

cavani as well.

dim will prob leave though