You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

Schweinsteiger is going to be 31 in 3 weeks time. He was a beast of a player but only made 20 appearances last season. Something isn't right there. Maybe his body is shot and he can't play in a high intensity Pep team?

The reported fee is £15 million for him with 1 year left on his contract. Seems quite high.

He certainly has the build and physique for the Premiership though. This seems like a big name shirt selling signing that will appease their fans more than exactly the type of player they need at the moment. 

I think it is a very good signing for them. They have lacked any sort of steel in the middle since Keane left. Fellaini is a whopper. They have a fucking good squad going into next season. Cunts. 

Reports that AC and Inter are battling for Ibrahimovic's signature. 3.2 million he is available for. We should throw in a cheeky bid. Fuck Benteke. 

I think it is a very good signing for them. They have lacked any sort of steel in the middle since Keane left. Fellaini is a whopper. They have a fucking good squad going into next season. Cunts.

Reports that AC and Inter are battling for Ibrahimovic's signature. 3.2 million he is available for. We should throw in a cheeky bid. Fuck Benteke.

the kevin Pietersen of football.

• Upvote 1

Schweinsteiger is going to be 31 in 3 weeks time. He was a beast of a player but only made 20 appearances last season. Something isn't right there. Maybe his body is shot and he can't play in a high intensity Pep team?

The reported fee is £15 million for him with 1 year left on his contract. Seems quite high.

He certainly has the build and physique for the Premiership though. This seems like a big name shirt selling signing that will appease their fans more than exactly the type of player they need at the moment. 

I just hope it's their calculated risk.

I've seen a lot of people questioning Man Utd's pursuit of Schweinsteiger on the grounds that he's apparently injury prone, or that his legs have gone, or that he'll struggle to adapt to the league, or that his salary is too high, or that they needed to prioritise reinforcements in other areas first. All of the above may be true to some extent but what they are getting is somebody with huge experience and success for both club and country and it takes some of the pressure off their younger players. They'll look at his record and then look at how he carries himself and in simple terms, link the two together to learn about what it takes to get to the top and stay there. All the best and most successful squads ensure that they include somebody of that ilk because it makes for a smoother changing of the guard when the time comes.

• Upvote 3

I'm trying hard to find the negatives in Utd signing Schweinsteiger. I'm not doing a good job.

Try as I might, I think it's a great signing. Makes our midfield look a bit raw and one dimensional.

Just get Pjanic or Kovicic and all will be well.

(Cabaye would have done)

Liverpool are weighing up a move for Inter Milan midfielder Gary Medel, according to reports in Chile.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/11/liverpool-planning-shock-transfer-move-for-inter-milan-midfielder-gary-medel-5291080/#ixzz3fbstMsdf

Oh for f sake.

Edit-never seen him play, he might be brilliant

Edit-edit- he played for Cardiff- Im out

• Upvote 1

What makes you so confident? If Lucas wants to go he'll be our first port of call. Cheap, English, plays for a shit English team.

Allen, Henderson and Milner are better than him and would start ahead of him, probably Can aswell.

If Lucas goes we will look for another dm as James Pearce said a few weeks ago, if we wanted Delph we would have got him on a free, we spoke to a Milner months ago and would have with Delph aswell if he had been a target.