You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas "The Marmite" Leiva

WhiskeyJar

And thats the bottom line. 

For that reason he should stay in the team.

15 better than him though?

Fernando,Fernandinho, Ramires, Matic, Wanyama,Schneiderlin, Sandro, Capoue, Blind, Jedinak, Cambiasso, Song, McCarthy, N'zonzi, Tiote, Kouyate. And I'm nice not naming Yaya Toure, Besic, Fer and Can. Still - a shite DM is better than no DM, imagine having a proper DM in our team,I've been banging the DM drum since forever, glad people can see it now, better late than never I guess..

Fernando,Fernandinho, Ramires, Matic, Wanyama,Schneiderlin, Sandro, Capoue, Blind, Jedinak, Cambiasso, Song, McCarthy, N'zonzi, Tiote, Kouyate. And I'm nice not naming Yaya Toure, Besic, Fer and Can. Still - a shite DM is better than no DM, imagine having a proper DM in our team,I've been banging the DM drum since forever, glad people can see it now, better late than never I guess..

Ramires, fernandinho,Fer, Can and mccarthy are not great defensively and I think lucas is better in that area then them, he is a better all round player then Capoue, Jedinak, Cambiasso, and from what I have seen of him kouyate.

You are right though we need someone better then him.

He's our best defensive midfielder by a distance, so he should start every game.

But it's insane that we haven't upgraded in the position.

Can looks very decent, but it's not clear if he's suited to an outright defensive role.

If it's not clear what Can is, then why mention him as competition for Lucas as a DM?

Like Lambert, the fact he looks good says a lot about the state of the squad.

Is Lucas better at the role than a 34-year-old attacking midfielder? Yes, does this mean he's good? No.

Rodgers begs to differ. We spent a shit load, and after all that spending, Lucas turns out to be Rodgers' best choice as DM.

It doesn't matter what manager he plays under, no one other than a miracle worker can reverse the effects of his injuries.

Besides the lads been at the club for years and a 3 month spell is being viewed as his normal level for some reason.

I dont think that's what is being viewed. The point is, he's currently an asset in the side due to improved results.

Rodgers begs to differ. We spent a shit load, and after all that spending, Lucas turns out to be Rodgers' best choice as DM.

Just as Toure is his best centre back after spending nearly 40 mil on the other two.

We know we need to improve on Lucas. That said the lad never hides at all at anytime during a game which is more than can be said of some of the fucking cowards alongside him.

A useful part of a team, but not the sort of player that you suspect would fit in with Brendan's philosophy.

Lucas has been incredibly loyal, and unlike Suarez, has never bleated to the media when it suited him. He also gives 100% effort, unlike some.

He is a good player, but without Rafa, it is hard to see how he will be part of a successful team now.

A useful part of a team, but not the sort of player that you suspect would fit in with Brendan's philosophy.Lucas has been incredibly loyal, and unlike Suarez, has never bleated to the media when it suited him. He also gives 100% effort, unlike some.He is a good player, but without Rafa, it is hard to see how he will be part of a successful team now.

So you're saying that if we re-unite Lucas and Rafa we'll be successful again?

A good post in full.

• Upvote 4