You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

League Cup - Liverpool v Boro

Paco

Should have chucked him out on loan again if we had no intention of giving the playing time his ability deserves.

To late now, obviously, he understandably wants to leave.

What we really should have done is save £25million that no other fucker on this planet was going to pay and gave the lad a chance.  Yet. we've basically forced his hand by signing a currently MAYBE slightly better player with far less head room to improve.  Impressive.

Well, yes, obviously. I find it fucking ludicrous that presumably one of our scouts saw what Suso did out on loan last season, gave a report of sorts to Rodgers, and the end result was deciding he shouldn't be playing for us.

A huge fuck up by the club if he ends up fucking off on a free (is this confirmed yet?). Alarm bells should probably go off when AC Milan, Atletico Madrid, and Borussia Dortmund are the clubs trying to sign him.

• Upvote 3

In the last transfer window, we probably needed to buy about four or so first team ready European-experienced peak-age players to consolidate. Our squad has a few past-peak players and also contains a healthy amount of youngsters trying to improve and trying to be of consistently high-quality, and several appear to be on the verge. We needed to take the pressure off them by supplementing with experience.

Instead we got half of Southampton, including someone's dad by the looks of it, but not the one player who could have been ideal, Schneiderlin, added to that some 'flog 'em on later for a profit' youngsters. Even the player with the ideal pedigree, Balotelli, is probably ill-suited to most of the formations we like to switch between. We shoot ourselves in the foot every time.

• Upvote 3

We've really fucked Suso around and he is within his rights to fuck off to a club that wants to play him. He may or may not turn out to be something, but we would have a bloody good idea already which one it was if he had been getting the game time wasters like Moses and Aspas were getting last season, or if he was given a go in midfield this season rather than trotting out Lucas for no long-term benefit to the club.

• Upvote 6

I think Sterling was mentally and physically exhausted, as was Manquillo. Rodgers wasted a sub bringing on Williams, now Sterling might be spent for Saturday.

I was there last night and Sterling didn't look fucked at all. Full of running right till the end . He'll be fine. The game was pretty pedestrian for long periods and ; how many times did Toure and Sakho pass it square to each other?  So despite the extra time I wouldn't say any of them should be spent for for the weekend other than Lucas who is a shadow of his former self and could be a lot fitter, Lallana put in a great shift . Probably been said lots of times but Markovic was wank. Lost count of the times his touch let him down. Just not good enough at this level and I sincerely hope for the money we paid there's a lot more to come.

Suso was great and never mind fucking about playing Borini this lad needs a few starts in the League. Lambert for me was an even bigger disappointment. Against this sort of of opposition a big striker with his experience should have been causing them all sorts of problems,.He was second best every time and the lad Boro had up front looked twice the player .

Weird old game with a mental finish, Funny watching the Kop as it got more and more exhausted jeering at the Boro players as they walked forward, By the time it finished everyone was hard pressed to raise a booo. 

• Upvote 2

In the last transfer window, we probably needed to buy about four or so first team ready European-experienced peak-age players to consolidate. Our squad has a few past-peak players and also contains a healthy amount of youngsters trying to improve and trying to be of consistently high-quality, and several appear to be on the verge. We needed to take the pressure off them by supplementing with experience.

Instead we got half of Southampton, including someone's dad by the looks of it, but not the one player who could have been ideal, Schneiderlin, added to that some 'flog 'em on later for a profit' youngsters. Even the player with the ideal pedigree, Balotelli, is probably ill-suited to most of the formations we like to switch between. We shoot ourselves in the foot every time.

This. Especially the part about Scneiderlin.

Christ. I miss the tags feature on here. i think reading things like 'mongs out in force' really helped me stay sane on these types of threads. and i don't particularly like the word mong but it would raise a laugh. the understated sarcasm and wordplay were genius and the anonymity added to the buzz. although the original purpose of it was hijacked to insult people,so i imagine that's why it got binned off.

Liverpool V Swansea in the next round

And surprise surprise yet again Chelsea get yet another easy draw.....how many fucking times have they been drawn against lower league opposition in this and the F.A Cup since that weird looking uglyarch bought all those trophies for them ?

And surprise surprise yet again Chelsea get yet another easy draw.....how many fucking times have they been drawn against lower league opposition in this and the F.A Cup since that weird looking uglyarch bought all those trophies for them ?

Just googled their record in the F.A.Cup since 05/06 to 2012 a bit of a joke really.....

05/06

3rd Round: Huddersfield

4th Round: Everton

5th Round: Colchester

6th Round: Newcastle

06/07

3rd Round: Macclesfield

4th Round: Nottingham Forest

5th Round: Norwich

6th Round: Spurs

07/08

3rd Round: QPR

4th Round: Wigan - Away

5th Round: Huddersfield

6th Round: Barnsley - Away

08/09

3rd Round: Southend

4th Round: Ipswich

5th Round: Watford - Away

6th Round: Coventry - Away

09/10

3rd Round: Watford

4th Round: Preston - Away

5th Round: Cardiff

6th Round: Stoke

10/11

3rd Round: Ipswich

4th Round: Everton

11/12

3rd Round: Portsmouth

Games in Blue are Games played at Stamford Bridge.

Teams in Bold were not in the Premier League.

To Summarize the 23 Draws:

1. 18 were drawn at Stamford Bridge.
  2. 17 were against Non-Premier League Teams.
  3. 1 Away game against Premier League opposition before the neutral stages.
  4. Every single 3rd round draw has been at home, against non-Premier League opposition.